Not being allowed back in Multiplayer On-line Game

• 10 Replies

PuttDBall

« on: September 01, 2018, 01:58:55 PM »
Played in on-line match last night, and lost connection 2 or 3 times.  Had to have host re-invite to "party", which was successful. but when I tried to join the game it said an error had occurred, and then said I couldn't get back in the game because the match had already started.  This is no good as I had to just quit.  Any ideas, comments, etc. HB.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 02:31:55 PM »
Once connection is lost to the match, there is not a way to resume an Online match.

PuttDBall

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 07:24:06 PM »
Is this something that will be addressed?  It didn't do that with TGC2.  It's bad enough if it occurs in the first couple of holes, but if you've spent 2 or 3 hours on a match with 4 people playing, it sure is a huge waste of time if you can't get back in.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 12:40:49 AM »
That was a benefit of the previous multiplayer system.  It allowed you to continue where you left off since it was not a peer to peer connection. 

marcoballistic

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 09:36:41 AM »
Yep we are finally p2p live against other people. Yes like you say the system in TGC 1 & 2 was fantastic for rejoining as it crashed a lot sadly.

But the delay as you were never playing your friends live. Basically you were always playing or watching a ghost of your friends shots. Just quite quickly after they took shot. The 3-10 second delay really ruined the atmosphere on mics.

So now we are p2p and I for one have not crashed once yet it had any disconnections. Online feels fantastic

Just keep it stable HB and fix the society glitches

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 09:38:15 AM by marcoballistic »

PuttDBall

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
Thanks for the replies, Keith.  I do like TGC 2019, and most of the upgrades and changes. I have been a player and customer since TGC 1 was released.  However, I don’t feel like my question was answered, namely is HB going to fix the glitch in multiplayer modes that will not allow a player back into the game following a temporary lost connection?

As I said in my first posting regarding this issue, it is a significant concern.  If you have been in a game for a while, it is extremely frustrating knowing that you might as well quit the game since you have just wasted a lot of time and will not be able to finish.

I know there were multiplayer issues prior to the release of TGC 2, since I have a friend who was involved in the beta testing.  In the case of TGC 2019, in my humble opinion those of us who jumped in as soon as it was released are paying money to be beta testers.

One of the main reasons I feel this is an issue that should be addressed is that HB responded to TGC players requests and provided the ability to have additional multiplayer modes, such as skins, match play, etc.  It doesn’t make much sense to me for HB to not address the problems associated with the on-line multiplayer modes.  Perhaps you intend to, but that is not the message I got from your initial replies.

If the game is NOT going to be debugged to fix this, I will have to reconsider my purchase and possibly request a refund.  Several of my fellow players have indicated to me they feel the same way.

I thank you for your feedback so far, and look forward to your response.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 03:36:31 PM »
My understanding of the way it is designed is that if you lose connection in the middle of the match, you will not be able to get back in.  I have forwarded your message to the devs to get further clarification.

PuttDBall

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 03:38:51 PM »
Thank you, Keith.  That would be greatly appreciated.

marcoballistic

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 08:16:11 PM »
However, I don’t feel like my question was answered, namely is HB going to fix the glitch in multiplayer modes that will not allow a player back into the game following a temporary lost connection?

I and Keith did answer your question.

On TGC 1 & 2 a system was used which was not live. Not connected peer to peer with your friends. Remember you always had a delay watching friends shots from when they were actually taken. This was because you were basically watching a ghost shot of your friends shot, just quicker than normal. But still with a big delay. Ruining the what should be live experience.

Now thankfully a peer to peer dedicated server live multiplayer set up has been implemented. It is the reason why we can finally have skins, alt shot and a working match play and 4ball.

Yes sometimes you will unfortunately disconnect. But I personally am yet to disconnect while playing online with friends.

Bottom line though, gone are the days of being able to get back into a game you disconnected from. Which yes is sad. But the improvements in online play far outweigh this being an issue in my opinion. It is how all live online multiplayer work after all. I am guessing you are not too experienced in that by your insistence that the ability to reconnect should be reinstated.

Which sadly for you. I am pretty sure is not possible.

Sorry. But Alt Shot is back and I am happy as a pig in s**t lol

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:19:10 PM by marcoballistic »

CoolD373

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 02:19:57 AM »
I can verify all of this.  It has happened to me as well.  Typically, if it happens, at least with stroke play, you can have everybody leave the party and everybody can go in and resume their own local matches, and you can then add them to your group.  Effectively you are essentially now playing the way it was in TGC2.

I would think the game could be updated to allow recovery with P2P matches  Couldn't the match just stop and give the party owner the ability to wait for the missing party to return?  I'm sure there are options to make this a little more stable.  Unfortunately, with the nature of the internet, you will have occasional connection issues that cause this.

All in all, though, no more black screens and the experience overall is good.  I would encourage the devs to find some ways to recover online matches when things go wrong.  I'm sure it is possible.

Dave

gtgud

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 07:46:37 AM »
That was a benefit of the previous multiplayer system.  It allowed you to continue where you left off since it was not a peer to peer connection.

P2P itself does not prevent players from getting back in the game. Another PC golf game implemented a Resume feature to work with P2P, to allow dropped players to Resume where they left off. They even figured out a way to add penalties for it, so that guys couldn't deliberately rejoin, in order to get a de-facto mulligan.

It's frankly just a deficiency with this particular game's multiplayer, that should probably be addressed, at some point.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:49:11 AM by gtgud »

space-cash