Random Crashes

• 9 Replies

Greatness

« on: September 02, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »
My Friend and I are experiencing seemly random crashes with the game. After much troubleshooting I can share the below summations of what might help debug this issue. Again this happens on two separate PC both with Windows 7.
1. The crashes are much more prevalent when the golfer has the master clubs equipped. The crashes will happen after a few holes vs. pro clubs when we can make a whole round at times without a crash.
2. The crashes seem to occur most often when the player has hit a shot in the bunker.
3. The crashes at times will persist even after restarting the game, pc, or even changing club types. For example: currently my character is stuck on a bunker shot on his PGA career. It does not matter what I do I cannot paly the current shot he is on without the game crashing.

Molrub

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 12:27:46 PM »
Just curious, what country are you in. I'm in Australia and my buddy is in England and we are getting crashes on PC also.

JoeS_HB

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »
Hi guys, can you tell me if you have any crash folders located here on your local drives
C:\Users\yourpcnamehere\AppData\LocalLow\2K\The Golf Club 2019

If you see one there can you email the files contained in it to "info@hb-studios.com". That'd be a great help. Thanks.

Molrub

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 12:51:33 AM »
Hi guys, can you tell me if you have any crash folders located here on your local drives

If you see one there can you email the files contained in it to "info@hb-studios.com". That'd be a great help. Thanks.

Can't see it

Greatness

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 09:04:22 AM »

I do not have a folder labeled crash. There is an output log though. I opened it and searched for the word error and stuff comes up. Would this file be helpful? One of the errors stated something about ball position mismatch error.

Greatness

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 09:25:13 AM »
I made it crash again and found the crash details in the last entries of the log file:

I am emailing the crash portion to you now.

Greatness

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 09:37:09 AM »
Reading the log file I see you gave me the wrong path for the crashes folder. The correct path was C:/Users/YOURNAME/AppData/Local/Temp/2K/The Golf Club 2019/Crashes

I just emailed the crash folder in a zip file.

Steve2golf

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 08:39:41 PM »
My Friend and I are experiencing seemly random crashes with the game. After much troubleshooting I can share the below summations of what might help debug this issue. Again this happens on two separate PC both with Windows 7.
1. The crashes are much more prevalent when the golfer has the master clubs equipped. The crashes will happen after a few holes vs. pro clubs when we can make a whole round at times without a crash.
2. The crashes seem to occur most often when the player has hit a shot in the bunker.
3. The crashes at times will persist even after restarting the game, pc, or even changing club types. For example: currently my character is stuck on a bunker shot on his PGA career. It does not matter what I do I cannot paly the current shot he is on without the game crashing.

Precisely what is happening to me. Switched to the pro clubs, BTW, my RL VICE balls have far more spin :)
Course(s) Created TGC 2019:
PGA West (Stadium Course)

JoeS_HB

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 09:44:05 AM »
Thanks guys, we'll take a look at the crash file and see if we can identify the issue

youend

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 05:00:34 PM »
Any update for a fix on this yet tried the masters clubs today and crashed?  :-\

space-cash