No sound at all with the game and poor graphics

• 9 Replies

RWTGC2xbTX

« on: September 02, 2018, 07:26:53 PM »
I downloaded this yesterday through Xbox Live and the game works except there is no sound at all.  All other games are working with sounds.  Any one else have this issue or how to fix.  It sucks to pay $49.99 dollars and not hear anything.  The graphics look worse than The Golf Club 2 so I am wondering if I just need Microsoft to allow me to re-download the game? HB any help would be nice as The Golf Club 2 is my favorite game ever!

FRSTDWN

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 07:43:05 PM »
That is odd. Unistall it and download it again.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 10:05:54 PM »
I second FRSTDWN's recommendation that you uninstall it and download it again.  I've had that fix an issue with sound I had with Project CARS a couple of years back.

Secondly, make sure you go in the the Settings menu under graphics and set Depth of Field (DOF) to "OFF".  I'd also set Bloom to "OFF".  I'm playing the game on an Xbox One X, and I'm using the TAA (Temporal Anti Aliasing) option, SSAO (Screen space ambient occlusion): ON, DOF: OFF, and Bloom: OFF.  That combination yields the best looking results, IMO.  The original Xbox one might take too much of a performance hit with TAA on, however.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:55:31 AM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RWTGC2xbTX

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 12:03:34 AM »
Thanks, I will try it.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 12:59:01 AM »
Thanks, I will try it.

I didn't check my previous post prior to posting it and looking back, I originally said "install" the game and download it again, where I should have said "uninstall", but you probably reached that conclusion.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't confusing anyone else.  I've gone back and edited that post to now show "uninstall", btw.  Let us know how you get on with it after having another go at it.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RWTGC2xbTX

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 10:47:55 AM »
I did uninstall and then install the game again, but still no sound.  Very frustrating! I do have the original xbox one, but like i said i have had no issues with any other games. 

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 03:22:24 PM »
I did uninstall and then install the game again, but still no sound.  Very frustrating! I do have the original xbox one, but like i said i have had no issues with any other games.

You don't even get the user interface beeps and boops trying to navigate the menus?  This is a strange case for sure.  Have you tried changing your audio input type in the XBox One settings menu.  Maybe try stereo, bitstream, I've forgotten what all is there, but I'd give it a go.  This is a strange case you're dealing with though.  I've got TGC 2019 installed on an XBox One X and an original XBox One at home, and I've got sound on both of them using Dolby DTS.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

RWTGC2xbTX

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 04:48:46 PM »
I uninstalled it one more time and then installed it again.  It is working now.  Very weird. Thanks for help!

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 07:06:41 PM »
I uninstalled it one more time and then installed it again.  It is working now.  Very weird. Thanks for help!

Just curious, where are you located?  I'm trying to get a handle on whether this might be a region thing.

Glad to hear that you got it going though... I hope you're enjoying the game as much as I am!
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 09:16:18 PM »
I would go to your network in the settings. Then go to detailed network details it's towards the bottom on the right. Maybe you are getting a lot of packet loss or something. I'm not an expert at connections but maybe you are losing connection while it's installing.

Maybe the hardrive is going bad?

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

space-cash