Very slow - slow front swing

• 3 Replies

Jd4v1s

« on: September 03, 2018, 01:09:53 PM »
Does anyone else have a slow front swing? Seems like no matter what I do it is slow-very slow. My friend suggested it could be the elite controller sensitivity of the joysticks...or am I just retarded?

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 03:28:02 PM »
Does anyone else have a slow front swing? Seems like no matter what I do it is slow-very slow. My friend suggested it could be the elite controller sensitivity of the joysticks...or am I just retarded?

When you say "front" swing, do you mean "downswing" (pushing the swing stick forward)?  I have an Elite controller and I tend to get a slow backswing followed by a fast downswing the most frequent of all the possibilities.  I'll get a very slow on my backswing a good bit when playing a partial flop or chip shot, bur never see it on a full shot.

Have you got your Elite controller set to its default settings?  That's what works best for me.  I find that any other setting causes non-linearity in some aspect of the swing.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

random scotsman

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 09:24:23 AM »
I'm on the Xbox 1 and after quite a bit of play time I'd say my swing is dependent on 3 things.

Varies course to course probably due to detail of course

Playing online with friends seems to vary quite a bit

Amount of alcohol consumed has a big affect on my swing

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 10:42:01 AM »
I've noticed when I'm playing with live, turn enabled players, the swing animations for their golfers can be a little choppy as I'm watching them play their shots.  When I'm playing my shot, I don't see any choppiness though.

The only performance glitch I see is maybe two or three swings per round, my golfer seems to be reluctant to start the backswing when I pull the swing stick back.  When that happens, I let go of the stick as soon as I realize I haven't gotten an immediate response, and start the swing over.  It never fails to go off smoothly the second time.  I should add that I'm playing on an XBox One X, and that may have some bearing on the difference in our experiences with it. 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash