Alternate matchmaking

• 9 Replies

bzmofo

« on: September 07, 2018, 03:53:15 PM »
Hello folks.  I see the multiplayer alternate or team leaderboards are populated, but I've never been able to find one to play in when matchmaking?  I end up playing head to head instead. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 04:20:44 PM by bzmofo »

gtgud

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 06:55:44 AM »
Hello folks.  I see the multiplayer alternate or team leaderboards are populated, but I've never been able to find one to play in when matchmaking?  I end up playing head to head instead.

I don't know if it's not working, or if it's just not enough players choosing that option.

thegamblinggamer

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 08:10:55 AM »
Alternate shot matchmaking doesn't work, we had 4 guys searching all at the same time to meet up but it wouldn't connect

gtgud

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 08:13:57 AM »
Alternate shot matchmaking doesn't work, we had 4 guys searching all at the same time to meet up but it wouldn't connect

That's quite disappointing considering they claim to have tested these new modes of play, during betas.

bzmofo

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 10:16:37 AM »
Ok thanks

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 10:19:43 AM »

That's quite disappointing considering they claim to have tested these new modes of play, during betas.

I tested alt-shot, via private matchmaking during the beta stress test and it worked fine.  I don't recall whether it was even an option for public, alt-shot matchmaking during beta testing for the weekend that it lasted.  I've tried numerous times to get into a public matchmaking alt-shot match since the game released and have failed to get one.  I have heard from a few players who have though. 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

gtgud

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 10:28:24 AM »
I tested alt-shot, via private matchmaking during the beta stress test and it worked fine.  I don't recall whether it was even an option for public, alt-shot matchmaking during beta testing for the weekend that it lasted.  I've tried numerous times to get into a public matchmaking alt-shot match since the game released and have failed to get one.  I have heard from a few players who have though.

This is a perfect case for public betas. Surely, all of the matchmaking modes have to be tested prior to release.

I guess there's always next year, to get the game release right - the first time.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 11:26:18 AM »
Yep alt shot is broke on PS4
... I've tried so many times, even for hours just playing with my phone watching "searching" spin.. it isn't working period.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 04:40:35 PM »
... I've tried so many times, even for hours just playing with my phone watching "searching" spin.. it isn't working period.

It would be nice if the menu would display how many people are currently tied in to the Alt-Shot matchmaking pool.  If I didn't see any numbers there, or maybe only one, you'd know your chances were pretty slim at that time.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Mayfield 53

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 03:35:59 AM »
not working on x.box as well ,can play head to head only .

space-cash