Master clubs are way too easy!!!

  • 578 Replies
  • 11168 Views

Badger57

  • *
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 127
« Reply #510 on: November 06, 2018, 12:54:00 PM »
How about this?

Add another set, but make it have no advantage. Problem solved.

That would seem to be the rational solution. The Masters clubs hit far enough as it is. (some would argue too far)
I think I'd like that. Sometimes the long hitting clubs definitely are a little too easy for my liking. Would be nice to be able step up the difficulty a little and drop back when my swing is a bit off.
Overall, definitely a good idea!

mebby

  • *
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3617
« Reply #511 on: November 06, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »
How about this?

Add another set, but make it have no advantage. Problem solved.

Yea, if they were to add yet another club set then this is definitely the route I'd go. 

The problem here is that it starts really breaking the "one game for everyone" mentality so I do not foresee them doing this.  If they wanted to go this route then it would be better to just break down and setup the game to have true difficulty levels.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

TaS

  • *
  • GroupMember
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1227
« Reply #512 on: November 06, 2018, 12:58:11 PM »
Add a hickory set that simulates early 1900s distance, spin, and accuracy. 

eagletrippin

  • *
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 34
  • crap golfer
« Reply #513 on: November 08, 2018, 12:27:17 PM »
Master clubs are difficult -- and frustrating -- enough in this game. Are you people shooting -20 per round?

If people want an ultra-realistic game that replicates all of the intricacies & frustrations of an actual golf swing, then create a 4th set of clubs -- call them "Nightmare Clubs". Hell, just make the clubs with shafts only, no heads...


Actually, on that note, prior to purchasing this game I was actually hoping it would be compatible with PS Move / MS Kinect, but, alas.

mebby

  • *
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3617
« Reply #514 on: November 08, 2018, 12:40:36 PM »
Master clubs are difficult -- and frustrating -- enough in this game. Are you people shooting -20 per round?

If people want an ultra-realistic game that replicates all of the intricacies & frustrations of an actual golf swing, then create a 4th set of clubs -- call them "Nightmare Clubs". Hell, just make the clubs with shafts only, no heads...


Actually, on that note, prior to purchasing this game I was actually hoping it would be compatible with PS Move / MS Kinect, but, alas.

They have a Virtual Reality version of the game that's actually really cool.  But... you need to have the right gear and it ain't cheap.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

jamescostanza

  • *
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 41
« Reply #515 on: November 08, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »
I find the master clubs just fine the way they are.  I played with the pro set for a long time before my swing became rote and I could switch to the masters.  85 percent of my shots are good, the other 15 percent no one knows where they might land.

Thanks

eagletrippin

  • *
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 34
  • crap golfer
« Reply #516 on: November 08, 2018, 03:50:03 PM »
Master clubs are difficult -- and frustrating -- enough in this game. Are you people shooting -20 per round?

If people want an ultra-realistic game that replicates all of the intricacies & frustrations of an actual golf swing, then create a 4th set of clubs -- call them "Nightmare Clubs". Hell, just make the clubs with shafts only, no heads...


Actually, on that note, prior to purchasing this game I was actually hoping it would be compatible with PS Move / MS Kinect, but, alas.

They have a Virtual Reality version of the game that's actually really cool.  But... you need to have the right gear and it ain't cheap.

I wish they developed it for PSVR ...

eagletrippin

  • *
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 34
  • crap golfer
« Reply #517 on: November 08, 2018, 03:53:41 PM »
I find the master clubs just fine the way they are.  I played with the pro set for a long time before my swing became rote and I could switch to the masters.  85 percent of my shots are good, the other 15 percent no one knows where they might land.

Thanks

I agree. I'm not as good -- for me, only about 55% of my shots are good. I put in my share of time, put in a ton of work. I've tried just about every single grip/technique known to man, pulling stuff out of my a** ... Don't get how these guys are hitting it razor-straight such a high percentage of the time and feel that Master Clubs are "easy"...::) HB might as well make a game that is no fun & unplayable to 90% of the general pop. I'm sure the sales would sustain it as a viable product, then.::)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:00:42 PM by eagletrippin »

spacialgroover

  • *
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 259
« Reply #518 on: November 08, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »
I find the master clubs just fine the way they are.  I played with the pro set for a long time before my swing became rote and I could switch to the masters.  85 percent of my shots are good, the other 15 percent no one knows where they might land.

Thanks

Agreed, perfect difficulty for me. On a tough course I'm struggling to break par.

By all means introduce an extra elite difficulty level for the sadists, but I hope they don't make master clubs impossible to hit.


Martbloke

  • *
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 520
« Reply #519 on: November 08, 2018, 08:38:59 PM »
This is good feedback guys. It doesn't have to be all those saying they find it easy having their say. I'm actually glad this difficulty suits you all as that is the sort of difficulty we are striving for too.

Just out of interest, were you using Tour clubs in TGC2 or Pro? If using Pro, what made you step up to Masters now in TGC2K19?

jamescostanza

  • *
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 41
« Reply #520 on: November 08, 2018, 10:56:24 PM »
One of the main reasons I stepped up to masters is I wanted to be able to crush the ball; as I am built like John Daly.  Plus I am trying to progress in the game and pro clubs were becoming too easy.  I would like to be able to figure out drop box for in between clubs.  Have not figured that out as of yet

jeffield

  • *
  • GroupMember
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1451
« Reply #521 on: November 09, 2018, 02:44:52 AM »
I guess this just goes to show that we need a 4th club set that is similar in distance, yet more challenging than the current master club set.   There are those that fight obstensively to preserve that set as it currently is and those that really feel the game needs an additional level of challenge.  (Ps4 standard controller player)
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"/ Top 100 U.S. Public Golf Course

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Lancers

  • *
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 653
« Reply #522 on: November 09, 2018, 07:08:40 AM »
I used the Player Clubs in TGC2 and have never used anything other than Master in TGC 2019. I bought the game a few days after release and after I heard how easy the top set was I figured I would just go to them from the start.

I am fair at the game. Some aspects are easier some harder than the last game. Obviously the short game with the exception of putting is harder but I seem to miss quite a few short to medium putts.

Playing with swing feedback on I find I get away with a lot of shots as long as the swing stays within the blue line. Results seem to be better than expected but nowhere near as good as a guy like Jim Gem. Where he might have a 5' putt on an approach to a green I might be say around 12'.

I really see no reason why a fourth set with tighter parameters couldn't be added. I like the fact that on a relatively tough course in higher winds like 12MPH that shooting under par is a challenge for me. How anyone can enjoy a game where they are shooting -15 for 18 holes is beyond me.

Leadbelly

  • *
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2661
« Reply #523 on: November 09, 2018, 07:30:28 AM »
Not that anyone will ever see it in this version, but I am all for adding a 4th set of clubs that are more difficult then the master clubs are now. But with the sets of clubs we currently have, just making the master clubs more difficult wont work people wont stand for it.

gtgud

  • *
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 479
« Reply #524 on: November 09, 2018, 07:40:17 AM »
I don't see too many guys that shoot the lights out asking for a harder game.

It seems like, some guys feel like making the game harder will somehow level the playing field.

I don't buy into the realism argument, because most guys asking for a harder game are already shooting realistic numbers, themselves. They just begrudge others for going above and beyond.

Trying to stop other players from scoring well, under the guise of seeking realism - that we personally already have - is disingenuous, at best.

Also, it will not solve either. There will still be players that shoot the lights out... just less of them. But, there will also be far fewer players that can compete, as well.

We need to just appreciate what we have, and hope that we can get some more options next time. Like we say every single year: "There's always next year."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:48:01 AM by gtgud »

 

space-cash