Waterfalls/Rapids

• 7 Replies

Doyley

• GroupMember
« on: September 08, 2018, 11:19:44 PM »
It seems like these are locked on the lowest graphic settings no matter what you have in Advanced settings.  I get artifacts all over the place (I call it the dot-matrix effect).  Best case is on Arctic Fury's newest course - Pearl Mountain - he has an amazing waterfall feature that is wrecked by low quality water.

I seem to recall this happening with fog in the distance in TGC2 when you had it set really low - the waterfalls/rapids really stand out as subpar in 2019 when you have clear crisp graphics all around it.  Bug?

Twitch clip showing it with animation (the dots are static)
https://clips.twitch.tv/AntediluvianGrossDootGOWSkull
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:38:52 PM by Doyley »

HitItLong

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 02:37:15 AM »
not seeing this on Xbox
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

gtgud

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 07:37:29 AM »
It seems like these are locked on the lowest graphic settings no matter what you have in Advanced settings.  I get artifacts all over the place (I call it the dot-matrix effect).  Best case is on Arctic Fury's newest course - Pearl Mountain - he has an amazing waterfall feature that is wrecked by low quality water.

I seem to recall this happening with fog in the distance in TGC2 when you had it set really low - the waterfalls/rapids really stand out as subpar in 2019 when you have clear crisp graphics all around it.  Bug?

Twitch clip showing it with animation (the dots are static)
https://clips.twitch.tv/AntediluvianGrossDootGOWSkull

I've seen this dot matrix waterfall too, watching a twitch stream of someone else's game. I haven't seen it in my game, as yet.

Although, falling water is traditionally very graphics intensive. Many modern TV's still go fuzzy when you look at big bodies of moving water.

I wouldn't want this game to turn into a water simulator, at the behest of my actual golf game-play frames.

But, for purely taking screen shots, or for those with super computers, that don't mind the hits... there should be an independent setting to turn up (or down) the water.

As an aside, the splash when going in the drink is one of the most pathetic splashes that I've ever seen in a golf game.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 07:39:46 AM by gtgud »

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 01:46:51 PM »
Sent it over to the devs to take a look.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 11:54:17 PM »
I know that when I use to play tgc2 on my PC I would get water like this when I ran in lower graphic settings or set the water values down.   This is the one thing I love about the ps4 pro not having to deal with low graphics.  HB did fabulous job getting the water to render very nicely on the ps4pro.  Hopefully HB figures out how to maximize it on PC because you shouldn't be limited as much money goes into this monster PC's.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 01:37:59 PM »
never heard anything back - this is still an issue for me and really sticks out when the rest of the course looks so good but waterfalls/rapids look so 1991.  Is there any update?

FRSTDWN

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 05:24:37 PM »
The waterfalls and those yellow trees look like poop.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 11:52:44 PM »
That’s too bad about this.  Other than that this looks to be the nicest waterfall I’ve seen so far.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash