Can't Grab / Edit Computer-Generated Objects (PC)

• 10 Replies

Tuco

« on: September 09, 2018, 08:54:06 AM »
Okay, what am I missing here?  I am designing on PC (as I did on TGC1 and TGC2).  In the Highlands theme setup, I have maxed 'grasses', and set all terrain types to zero, i.e. fairways, bunkers, etc.  I create a hole, add in tee (via brush), fairway (via spline and then filled with brush), rough (via spline), bunkers (via brush), and green (via brush).  At a few spots around the edges, computer-generated grasses are intruding into those terrains.  The intrusions seem to be worse in the terrains where I have used a brush.

In TGC2, I would simply 'grab' the offending grasses and either move them or delete them.  In TGC2019, that's not working.  As a test, I tried maxing 'trees', but get the same thing: items are intruding on terrains, but they are uneditable. 

I'm surprised that no one else has registered a complaint, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

EDIT: I do acknowledge that in TGC1 / 2, it was sometimes difficult to select objects, especially at the edges of fairways, rough, bunkers, and greens.  One had to twist and turn and move the cursor ever so slightly, and when this didn't work, one had to delete the terrrain (or move the spline), move the object, and then replace the terrain.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:18:08 AM by Tuco »
The Golf Club 2019:

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf
The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

The Links at Dakota Bay

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 11:54:53 AM »
I've never tried individually selecting the auto generated plants. If they're in the way, i clear them with the "clear generated objects" brush.

Tuco

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 09:29:28 PM »
I've never tried individually selecting the auto generated plants. If they're in the way, i clear them with the "clear generated objects" brush.

Appreciate the reminder.  That does work, and maybe I'm just mis-remembering how I dealt with those cases back in TGC2.  Hmmmmm . . . .
The Golf Club 2019:

The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

The Links at Dakota Bay

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 10:24:51 PM »
Once in a while you need to pull up the surface and then put it down again.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Tuco

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 11:34:08 AM »
Once in a while you need to pull up the surface and then put it down again.

Boy, do I remember doing that in TGC2.  Sometimes, there were 5 ... 6 ... 7 surfaces that had to be purged before I could clear an object.
The Golf Club 2019:

The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

The Links at Dakota Bay

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 11:42:32 AM »
Appreciate the reminder.  That does work, and maybe I'm just mis-remembering how I dealt with those cases back in TGC2.  Hmmmmm . . . .

You're mis-remembering how you dealt with these cases in TGC2.  You were never able to select individual auto-generated elements. 

Once upon a time, you were, however, able to select individual objects that you planted using the multi-plant tool.  In fact, you still can, but there's an intermediary step of breaking up the multi-plant object first.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 09:03:36 PM »

You're mis-remembering how you dealt with these cases in TGC2.  You were never able to select individual auto-generated elements. 

Once upon a time, you were, however, able to select individual objects that you planted using the multi-plant tool.  In fact, you still can, but there's an intermediary step of breaking up the multi-plant object first.

Yes, I like this new feature.,... when it works.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Enef56

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 06:20:08 AM »
On some plants no matter what you do they wont disappear, as RockManDan say's you have to start dissecting the course to get at the little bleeder, it's a head scratcher why it should be so, especially when you import the same theme and it moves your trees around and those trees are really difficult to get at.

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 08:46:49 AM »
On some plants no matter what you do they wont disappear, as RockManDan say's you have to start dissecting the course to get at the little bleeder, it's a head scratcher why it should be so, especially when you import the same theme and it moves your trees around and those trees are really difficult to get at.

Trees that you've placed on an imported course won't be moved at all.  The new tree rules we have will put auto-generated trees in new spots unfortunately.  Those trees can be cleared using the clear generated trees or objects brush as others have mentioned.  You've never been able to select an auto-generated tree or plant on its own and remove it in any version of TGC.

Enef56

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 10:15:39 AM »
Well on my courses I’m trying to import into tgc2019 the trees Paul have definitely moved, I thought they were new ones at first and had a heck of a time deleting them only to discover the tree I managed to delete should have been 100yds up the fairway.
The first hole of Brecon Golf course a tree was in the way of the tee shot instead of on the right of the bunker near the green on my opening par 3, 4th hole trees had been moved from the top of the hill on the left to the left hand side of the tee, and several other places as well and their really stubborn to delete

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 10:37:01 AM »
Well on my courses I’m trying to import into tgc2019 the trees Paul have definitely moved, I thought they were new ones at first and had a heck of a time deleting them only to discover the tree I managed to delete should have been 100yds up the fairway.
The first hole of Brecon Golf course a tree was in the way of the tee shot instead of on the right of the bunker near the green on my opening par 3, 4th hole trees had been moved from the top of the hill on the left to the left hand side of the tee, and several other places as well and their really stubborn to delete

What I said was that no placed objects would have moved.  Unfortunately the new tree system has caused some issues with the random objects.  Thats what you're seeing on your course. 

space-cash