Importing Legacy Courses

• 6 Replies

SlapShawt

« on: September 09, 2018, 09:07:47 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions in relation to importing legacy courses. I have The Golf Club 2 with unfinished designs and I want to make sure it's worth it to me at this time to purchase the newest version now or wait until I'm done my designs in the very distance future. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

1. First of all, is "Import Legacy Course" a feature in The Golf Club 2019?
2. Does a person now have the ability to delete beta versions so it no longer shows up when a search is done for the final version? I might have OCD but i find this very annoying. Also, people may need to have others play test it to make improvements or even just want to remaster an old design with updated design features from newer game releases. A better way to accomplish updates might be to temporarily take the old version "off the air" so to speak, edit it, then put it back online. And along the same lines of thinking...
2. Can a person import an unfinished course from a previous version of the game without publishing it first where it can never be deleted again?

To the developers, should they read this - I really believe this game is the future of video game golf. It would be amazing if a person had the choice to save the designs in a format that supports going down to the local golf sim with my own clubs and playing my future created course for pretend real.

Thanks  :)

Williamhotel69

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 11:36:49 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions in relation to importing legacy courses. I have The Golf Club 2 with unfinished designs and I want to make sure it's worth it to me at this time to purchase the newest version now or wait until I'm done my designs in the very distance future. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

2. Does a person now have the ability to delete beta versions so it no longer shows up when a search is done for the final version? I might have OCD but i find this very annoying. Also, people may need to have others play test it to make improvements or even just want to remaster an old design with updated design features from newer game releases. A better way to accomplish updates might be to temporarily take the old version "off the air" so to speak, edit it, then put it back online. And along the same lines of thinking...
2. Can a person import an unfinished course from a previous version of the game without publishing it first where it can never be deleted again?

To the developers, should they read this - I really believe this game is the future of video game golf. It would be amazing if a person had the choice to save the designs in a format that supports going down to the local golf sim with my own clubs and playing my future created course for pretend real.

Yes 2019 has import courses option from TGC2.
No you cannot delete Beta courses however you do have the ability now to play your Unpublished Courses from Local Play menu. There you can change course conditions like wind, etc to test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Courses created:
TGC 2019
Port - The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)
TGC2
The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)
TGC1
Mason Dixon Golf Course
Mistwood Golf Course (RCR)
Hillcrest Golf & CC (RCR)
The Walker Course Clemson SC / Tiger Tees (RCR)
The Golf Club of Houston (RCR)

SlapShawt

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 12:23:59 AM »
Thanks, that helps a lot. It's too bad a fix wasn't created to the issue of not being able to delete previously published versions of the same course. It might be nit-picky of me but it somehow leaves an unpolished impression in my mind. Another fix that seems quite easy to implement is to just simply add an 'overwrite previously published version?' or 'create new course?' Windows 95 had this option for pretty much anything you could save. The only way this may be a problem is if someone is currently playing it and that older version got overwritten mid round. I'm not sure how that end works. It would have to be written into the software somehow to wait until the course is inactive to overwrite it, and maybe that is hard to do? I don't know. I'm sure someone knows how to sit down and get this done in a very short period of time with very little cost.

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 11:47:34 AM »

Yes

No, published courses cannot be deleted.

If you have the game on PC/Steam, yes.  Copy the file from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\HB Studios Ltd\The Golf Club 2\Courses to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\2K\The Golf Club 2019\Courses

On consoles, no.

There are a few guys that have Pro-Tee.  They would know more about it.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

mthunt

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »
ProTee guy here.  The local sim would need to have this software and if it did the designs would already be available. That’s how it is in TGC Sim
Courses
Weston G&CC by mthunt
London Hunt Club L mthunt
Park CC Lidar mthunt
Sunningdale GC Robinson L
Sunningdale GC Thompson L
Muirfield Village (liDAR) 1st Lidar
Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
National GC of Canada
Mississaugua G&CC mthunt
Shaughnessy G&CC L

SparringDK

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 05:58:46 AM »
Can you import courses from TGC1 on ps4 to TGC2019 or do you need to get TGC2 and move them through both versions?

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 11:50:32 AM »
Can you import courses from TGC1 on ps4 to TGC2019 or do you need to get TGC2 and move them through both versions?

Courses have to go through TGC2.  They cannot be transferred from TGC1 to TGC 2019;

space-cash