Societies

• 3 Replies

BestwoodRoadie

• Notts County Golf Society
« on: September 10, 2018, 05:18:23 AM »
The list in the societies page only allows for 4 societies to be shown, is this correct or are we still allowed to join 5?. It is a pain having to search all over again to find the society that is not shown.
Thanks 

moneyman273

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 09:42:25 AM »
The list in the societies page only allows for 4 societies to be shown, is this correct or are we still allowed to join 5?. It is a pain having to search all over again to find the society that is not shown.
Thanks

If this is indeed true..............how lovely. 

JoeS_HB

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 01:49:52 PM »
This is being investigated. Thanks for the heads up

METHUZELAH

• "The Open Society 2.0" on TGC 2 & TGC 2019
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 05:32:02 PM »
I am currently managing a large society ("The Open Society 2.0" with 500+ members) and I too am hoping to find a way around the issue of elite players (we like you folks too) pushing out the less skilled players from every event. Having said that, we decided to schedule "Alternate Events" and simply turned H/C Setting On for our members who prefer to compete that way. The Main event had H/C settings OFF and both events appeared in our events schedule. Unfortunately both the Main and Alternate events started today but the only event members were allowed to play in was the Main event. The Alternate event indicated members do not "meet the requirements" when in fact there were no requirements. What could possibly be wrong with a "Main Event" having H/C settings OFF and the Alternate Event having H/C setting ON? I reached out to the folks at HB Studios and I am hoping to get some feedback on this and many other issues relating to Societies. Maybe some of you have a different approach you would like to see or recommend and I for one would like to see some constructive comments/suggestions on the whole issue of Societies. Here is one other suggestion to get the conversation started: How about we give Admins of each Society, the ability to create alternate events using H/C parameters (under event requirements)? Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on my approach as well as the whole topic of making Societies a more viable and enjoyable feature of the game for players of ALL skill levels.
“Golf… is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well.” -P.G. Wodehouse

space-cash