Sawgrass Greens' elevation changes inaccurate in spots

• 6 Replies

CuseHokie

« on: September 10, 2018, 11:01:46 AM »
I've played Sawgrass a few times and have noticed the putt elevation has been off.

A good example is here...

https://youtu.be/p-wNs4fu2rY?t=23m51s

I had a side hiller that missed low.  I then proceed to putt for par and it says the putt is downhill despite the beads coming to me.

PSN:  CuseHokie

Thrangar

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 11:25:09 AM »
I've played Sawgrass a few times and have noticed the putt elevation has been off.

A good example is here...

https://youtu.be/p-wNs4fu2rY?t=23m51s

I had a side hiller that missed low.  I then proceed to putt for par and it says the putt is downhill despite the beads coming to me.

Yes I am not crazy...I have seen this several times...on different courses!

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003674853/screenshot/956342034398111778
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:15:49 PM by Thrangar »
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

spacialgroover

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 03:44:33 PM »
Yep, just played my first round at Sawgrass and several of the greens had incorrect elevations showing.

e.g. telling me my putt from 2 feet away was 4" downhill when clearly it was actually slightly uphill.

gtgud

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 04:09:08 AM »
Just so you guys know, you have to move the putt marker a good bit beyond the hole to see the true elevation.

Sometimes, right at your feet the elevation dips. This is realistic in a vacuum, because the ground is not a perfect gradient; it has many narrow plateaus.

So, you just have to move the putt marker around before you start to see the trend reflected in elevation.

Also, it could be an equipment bug.

I've noticed that, on dead flat greens, the elevation will say, "-1 inch." Surely, the measurement is being taken from something other than the surface, if the game is identifying a minute drop between the club and the ground.

It seems that it can go up to, "-2," when it's actually dead flat.

So, again... you just have to move the marker 5 feet or so, either past the hole, or side to side, to start seeing the actual trend.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 04:12:07 AM by gtgud »

spacialgroover

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »
Just so you guys know, you have to move the putt marker a good bit beyond the hole to see the true elevation.

Sometimes, right at your feet the elevation dips. This is realistic in a vacuum, because the ground is not a perfect gradient; it has many narrow plateaus.

So, you just have to move the putt marker around before you start to see the trend reflected in elevation.

Also, it could be an equipment bug.

I've noticed that, on dead flat greens, the elevation will say, "-1 inch." Surely, the measurement is being taken from something other than the surface, if the game is identifying a minute drop between the club and the ground.

It seems that it can go up to, "-2," when it's actually dead flat.

So, again... you just have to move the marker 5 feet or so, either past the hole, or side to side, to start seeing the actual trend.

Sawgrass is the only course I've had this problem on.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 01:50:56 PM »
Devs are investigating this.

heshwuan

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 09:58:15 AM »
While playing Sawgrass and experiencing this false reading stuff first-hand, I realized the putting marker is actually below the surface of the green, about 3-4 inches or more. So a putt that is actually uphill can be displayed as downhill.

Might be because of the retaining walls, because it seems a lot more noticeable on the greens that have them.

space-cash