New Course Published - Wardsville Falls G.C.

• 5 Replies

slick60

« on: September 11, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »
Hi Everyone. I have just published Wardsville Falls G.C. It is a par 71 18 hole course with Gold yardage coming in at 7,546 yards. It is very playable and I rank it as easy for the beginner to the pro playing with standard to tour clubs. A leisure course to play for those who are migrating up to the tour clubs. Fairways are generous and greens not crazy to putt. Come on out and make a ton of birdies and have fun. It is a pretty course set in the Autumn theme (I like color) as is Deerhurst Highlands RCR. I began to re-do the Wardsville Golf Club - my first design, which is an RCR course but white tees added with 10% longer than blues because of the ease of playing in PS4. Well this course is anything but the original and I am very pleased to put my name to it. I have added a 5th set of gold tees giving you 90 tees and 72 pin positions to choose from. The published yardage of 5,400 yards plus - I have no idea where that comes from. Don't be fooled. Please come out and play this course and tell your friends about it.
Thank you to all your support

slick 60
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:03:41 AM by slick60 »
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Deerhurst Highlands GCRCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
The Links of Beckon Ridge
Wardsville Golf Club
Wardsvile's Theodore 9 hole

slick60

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 10:12:17 AM »
I was not very happy with the crooked, snaky cart paths on some of my holes and Yeltzy gave me a pretty good tip about the width of the paths. The default I believe is 2.5 yards and I have used 1.8-9 on some of mine and they are very unhappy paths. I went back and checked the paths on my first course Wardsville Golf Club where I didn't know any better and they looked fine except for the rookie not knowing how to use the way points and handles to straighten them. So perhaps a help to new rookie designers. Keep the paths wider and they will design straighter it appears! Thanks Yeltzy! I also use the default 2.5 spline for my light rough around fairways and try to measure the consistency of their width with the little rough mower found in Global Objects , Equipment, Range. I hope this may be of some help to the newbies.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:15:18 AM by slick60 »
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
Wardsville Golf Club

slick60

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 04:38:33 PM »
Playing a couple rounds on Wardsville Falls G.C. today I came upon an LOL for sure. How many days and how many nights does one have to go around the course being designed checking to see if everything is as it should be before publishing. I cannot seem to master that as the photo attached shows. To the expert designers I put the question of what is your order for checking or designing before you publish? It is really too bad for us trying so hard to make it right that we are unable to repair/edit the little oversights in the course designer after publishing. I do not know if you have that capability in TGC2019. I hope so.
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
Wardsville Golf Club

slick60

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
Fairway 16 a careless smoker causing some commotion on the course today at Wardsville Falls. Seems no bother to this golfer though. I am sure they will get it cleared

slick60
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
Wardsville Golf Club

slick60

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
Since TGC Tours has migrated over to TGC2019 and only accepting course submitted with 2019, karma is not able to take his great pictures of courses like he usually does. I wish to add a few of my own snapshots from around this course hopefully gathering some interest to play the course and add comments here so that I may learn further how to design better.
Thanks to all for your support

slick60
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:36:39 AM by slick60 »
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
Wardsville Golf Club

slick60

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 07:56:54 PM »
I have ported Wardsville Falls over to TGC2019. With a couple of minor tweaks it will soon be published. Perhaps it may get some plays in 2019. I still love TGC2 and feel so abandoned. And I am not overly thrilled with 2019. But will see everyone there.
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
Wardsville Golf Club

space-cash