Ball flight when slow on downswing and first impressions.

• 8 Replies

Hankerton1

« on: September 13, 2018, 01:53:27 PM »
Just played first round at TPC Deer Run last night and here are my thoughts so far.
-Overall feel is a little off compared to TGC2 - Kind of feels like an EA sports game - looks pretty but gameplay is not dialed in as tight.
-Graphics, TPC Deer Run looks Great and is very accurate to real course. Overall not much of a jump from TGC2 though.
-Ball flight is horrible (or I am) while playing on the middle set.  Have to basically jerk the stick forward to get close to perfect, when you don't the ball flight goes at a 45 degree angle to the right (please tell me this is going to be fixed because it is a deal breaker for me since it feels so unnatural).
-Putting feels good - slightly better than TGC2
-I will continue to play 2019 since this is the future of this franchise but for $50 I am very disappointed so far. Would have been happier with the additional courses (PGA) and gameplay of TGC2 for around $30. Hope you can address the ball flight and roll that so many have already discussed. It really bothers me with the ball flight on a slow downswing going so wonky - ruined what was great about this game; just feels off. Please tighten up the gameplay.

Hankerton1

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 07:22:26 PM »
Does anyone else think the ball flight is strange?

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 09:28:37 PM »
I love it, it's perfect for me! Love the bounce as well.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Lancers

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 09:51:09 AM »
Ball flight really appears to be too low on full shots and pitches and flops but if you switch the camera off of follow if you use that and switch to one of the side views the flight does appear to be a bit higher and the ball stays in the air longer.

Holmes108

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 06:10:27 PM »
Ball definitely seems to roll too much to me. Can't stick it on the green with any club for the life of me, unless I loft it which often makes it far too hard to hit.

I also find the punishment for fast and slow (not even "very) is too much. If I'm fast or slow when I swing forward, that bad boy is RARELY hitting the fairway.

I enjoy the game, but am really struggling with finding consistency. I don't mind challenge. Even a great challenge, but as I said, I'm having trouble finding the consistency with what I'm doing "wrong".

FYI, I'm a very long time TGC1 p[layer, but never played number 2. I love the idea of a tempo swing, as the swing in the first game was pretty easy to "math" out, but I'm not sure I love the implementation they have currently. Still enjoying the game well enough though.

Lancers

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 06:26:40 PM »
Really liking this overall and find that as long as you don't go outside of the "cone" Slow/Fast or Perfect/Fast still leaves you in the fairway. Like the fact that unless you pretty much nail the path of the swing you get a slight push or pull which results at times in a 25' putt for birdie instead of 5-10 feet. If you can get it straight the game plays extremely easy on Master Clubs. Better than TGC2 for sure really not close for me.

mebby

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 06:31:06 PM »
The feel of tempo can be subjective.  I personally like it and don't feel like I'm having to slam the stick forward (except for on partial swings).

Outside of that, I think the ball flight is OK for the most part - maybe a little low and the rollout is excessive on the lower irons.  I'd like to see these things get tweaked in the upcoming patch (whenever that is).

I think TGC 2019 is a big step above TGC2 and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Holmes108

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 07:36:06 PM »
The feel of tempo can be subjective.  I personally like it and don't feel like I'm having to slam the stick forward (except for on partial swings).

Outside of that, I think the ball flight is OK for the most part - maybe a little low and the rollout is excessive on the lower irons.  I'd like to see these things get tweaked in the upcoming patch (whenever that is).

I think TGC 2019 is a big step above TGC2 and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Yeah, I definitely don't find I need to slam the stick at all. Fast is my main issue with the forward swing. Slow is exceedingly rare for me. But that's where the consistency issue happens for me. Once in a blue moon, I'll it hit and be sure I hit it too fast. As I cringe, waiting to see if it's "Fast" or "Very Fast", it says I'm slow. Like what?

I've prob only played maybe 15 rounds, so I'll give it more time. I realize that to many on this forum, 15 rounds might seem like nothing, but in a golf video game, I certainly think I should have the hang of it by now. I'll keep plugging along though.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:43:09 PM by Holmes108 »

Vital Spark

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 01:22:37 PM »
I’m really having to slam the stick to get desired power on flop shots, which creates accuracy issues, making it very difficult to achieve a straight flop shot above 80% power. I’ve got the driving , chipping and putting nailed, but the usual tempo feel simply does not work with the flop shot. It’s extremely unpredictable and frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

space-cash