Auto-fill HR does not delete autogen trees

• 5 Replies

ChuckClams

• 10/17 Lest we remember.
« on: September 14, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »
Came across another issue while working on a course. Used a splined heavy rough to outline a hole I'm making and did things properly, closed path and then auto-fill the shape with heavy rough, and lo and behold SOME but not all of the autogen trees within the filled HR shape stayed right where they were. Had to go around clearing generated trees to tidy it up. I know that using a HR brush will eliminate the autogen trees, so this must be unintentional. Just passing it on for the devs to have a look at.
O Cannabis, our home and native plant...

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 10:25:44 AM »
can you put a screenshot of what you're seeing up?  I'm seeing the filled heavy rough removing trees properly. 

What theme were you on when this happened? 

ChuckClams

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 12:54:45 PM »
can you put a screenshot of what you're seeing up?  I'm seeing the filled heavy rough removing trees properly. 

What theme were you on when this happened?

It happened to me on the Swiss theme, first hole I placed. I wanted to push the tree line back in places, so I outlined the entire hole with a HR spline path, closed the path, smoothed the path, then auto-filled it. The HR drew in correctly without holes, but many (not all) of the large autogen pine trees were still there, right in the middle of all the new HR. It seems to be an issue just with certain trees. Give me a bit to grab you a couple screens, I'll have to go in and delete the remove autogen tree brushes to get it to show up again.

This is on PS4 btw, if that makes a difference.

ChuckClams

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 01:30:32 PM »
Pics:

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 03:31:43 PM »
thanks for the info.  I'll take a look to see whats going on here.

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 03:42:26 PM »
So I forgot we did this but we decided that for the Swiss theme, since it is supposed to be packed with trees, some of the trees are valid to be generated on heavy rough.  This is similar to TGC2 where some generated trees would stay on top of heavy rough brushes that are placed. 

The best bet I can suggest would be to use the clear generated trees to get rid of them.  Sorry for the inconvenience. 

space-cash