Issue logging into and playing society tournaments

• 8 Replies

METHUZELAH

• "The Open Society 2.0" on TGC 2 & TGC 2019
« on: September 14, 2018, 07:05:56 PM »
I am able to go to the society home page (The Open Society 2.0) and scheduled events page but unable to enter/play the event. When attempting to pay/play I see only the red circle in lower right side of screen and the white beacon in lower middle attempting to go to server. After several minutes of waiting for the event to load, the game locks up and will not allow me to back out or go to the society homepage. The only option is to go to Xbox home then close out the game. After doing so, my entire interface with Xbox becomes choppy/slow and the only option I have is to reboot the Xbox to eliminate the lag. Cache has been cleared, Xbox has been shut down and restarted, router was reset and no luck. I have heard from other society members that they are unable to play events because they are having the same issue. Is this a known issue to developers? Is there something that can be done now or will this be addressed in the 2nd update/patch? BTW... this did not happen prior to the latest patch.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:07:41 PM by METHUZELAH »
“Golf… is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well.” -P.G. Wodehouse

TheCrunge1

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 07:37:58 PM »
Same issue here.

Berad88

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:23:29 AM »
Same here

samterrence

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 05:50:10 AM »
same here and my Xbox X needs to be re booted before it runs smoothly again, something very wrong here...

METHUZELAH

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 01:43:54 PM »
Good news. The developers are looking into the issue today.
“Golf… is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well.” -P.G. Wodehouse

METHUZELAH

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 09:12:57 PM »
The developers have identified an issue with our society (and my guess is with others) which will be addressed in an upcoming patch. Until then they have forced our society season to end and have also temporarily hidden the stats for our previous season. They assured me they will unhide the stats once the patch goes live. I was also told I should should now be able to create events by starting with a new season schedule and get the society back to active. I will update this post again when I have a chance to log in and take a look later tonight.

METHUZELAH

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »
FYI... I am hearing from many other members who are letting me know they are not able to get into our society home page let alone the tournaments. They are seeing the "red circle of death" and have no choice but to shut down the game and log into other societies (which seem to work better on occasion). I am told that several of the developers have joined our society (the largest non-official society) so they can continue testing for issues and this could be making matters worse at the moment. The only thing I have found that helps is to log out of the game completely then reboot the Xbox which clears the cache, then go back into the game/society. On occasion that works but not every time. I am at a loss here but I did schedule 2 more events which will take us through the end of the month. Hopefully there is an announcement soon regarding a 2nd patch/update and thank you to ALL our members for your patience and understanding while we wait for it.

TheCrunge1

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 11:59:39 PM »
Thanks for the update. This bug is getting so annoying and I wish we'd get a response with some idea of when this might be fixed. Its been almost a month of this issue. I am tired of relogging and crossing my fingers it might actually let me in to my societies. Wasted too much time and it is one of the biggest reasons I enjoy the game.

Speed 427

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 07:21:42 PM »
Me too. Playing tournaments has been my favorite thing since TW09. Really hasn't worked well for weeks, and the game doesn't close out properly after you back out of it when it does freeze up in the societies. One of the most noticeable differences between HB & $A has always been that HB actually tries to fix things. $A would know it was broken and mostly never fix it(the boost pin glitch in 13 was eventually fixed, but it killed the game in my opinion). also, I really wish you could have more like 10 societies at least. Hope the wait is short for the fix. I respect HB enough to be patient. I hope it's been figured out.

space-cash