Tempo bug on ps4 pro with headphones plugged into controller

• 5 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: September 19, 2018, 07:25:40 PM »
Guys,  there is a very strange but with headphones plugged into the ds4 controller.  I have two different sets of 3.5 headphones including the one that came with the controller and not matter which one I choose,  the tempo is impossible nearly to get perfect/perfect with headphones plugged in.

I have validated this issue with unplugging headphones and having tempo go back to normal immediately.  I couldn't figure out for the life of me why my tempos were all over the map while playing online and luckily I decided to try to play without headphones and then realized this was the culprit.   There is a world of difference,  it's like they were causing interference or something?

I would love for you guys to try this to see if you can see the issue.  It might be one of those things that is only happening to me but I somehow doubt it.  It might just be that TGC doesn't play nicely with phones plugged in.... 

I also wanted to report this to make others aware in case they are wondering why they are doing so bad online playing multiplayer.
Next step is to order a bluetooth headset.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 08:01:15 PM »
Guessing that the Controller reduces the rate at which it is sending stick input when having to deal with an audio stream at the same time, or the radio module handles it badly.

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:10:29 PM »
Read thru this post, and manually change to USB instead of Bluetooth with the newer Sony DS4 controllers.  I had all sorts of issues online until I did this.  I could play solo without issues.  Online, I would get very random swings.  This along with a 10 foot USB cord, and back in business.

https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/support/Consoles-Peripherals.topic.html/disable_ds4_bluetoot-N8Aj.html

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 08:33:49 PM »
Read thru this post, and manually change to USB instead of Bluetooth with the newer Sony DS4 controllers.  I had all sorts of issues online until I did this.  I could play solo without issues.  Online, I would get very random swings.  This along with a 10 foot USB cord, and back in business.

https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/support/Consoles-Peripherals.topic.html/disable_ds4_bluetoot-N8Aj.html
I just want to clarify to you, I don't have any problems with my Bluetooth DS4 controller at all my tempos are great I only have a problem with my tempos when I plug a 3.5 millimeter headphone jack into the controller.  My tempos feel as expected with the ds4 Bluetooth controller I don't need to plug it in directly whatsoever with USB
 Sorry you were having issues though
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 09:56:41 PM »
I didn't have any issues either, until I went online, and was chatting with my headphones plugged into the DS4.

I was using it wirelessly, via bluetooth.  If I played solo, I did not use headphones.

If I played online, I used headphones to chat.  That is when the problems arose...just like you are having.

Once I plugged it in via USB, and had the headphones on...it still worked just as well as when playing solo, even online.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 11:16:59 PM »
I didn't have any issues either, until I went online, and was chatting with my headphones plugged into the DS4.

I was using it wirelessly, via bluetooth.  If I played solo, I did not use headphones.

If I played online, I used headphones to chat.  That is when the problems arose...just like you are having.

Once I plugged it in via USB, and had the headphones on...it still worked just as well as when playing solo, even online.
thanks for the clarification. Please go into the bugs section of the Forum and comment on my post so I don't look like the only one who's having issues please I would appreciate that :-)
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

space-cash