help with building first course

• 2 Replies

dudaduda

« on: September 20, 2018, 12:51:27 PM »
hi all,  I've skimmed through the topics and can't find what I'm searching for so figured you guys are a heck of a lot better at dishing out information.  still new to the game and have tinkered around enough that I want to build my first full course.
Does every theme have completly different options?  Ive made a course with like 10 different path options.  the one im making now i can only find 3 options for a path.  is there a standing list somewhere that shows what you can do depending on your theme?  The one im building now has only alligators and snakes,  i assume that is different depending on what them you use?
now, my game crashes a lot on ps4 for whatever reason so ive learned to save it a ton.  im wondeirng if im losing options when i boot it back up.

I did see a post for more barns.  I'm from Minnesota and trying to build a bunch of our local courses.  I have to assume there a a ton of Minnesotans on here since golf is huge here.

thanks for the help all!

DaveT

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 01:18:19 PM »
hi all,  I've skimmed through the topics and can't find what I'm searching for so figured you guys are a heck of a lot better at dishing out information.  still new to the game and have tinkered around enough that I want to build my first full course.
Does every theme have completly different options?  Ive made a course with like 10 different path options.  the one im making now i can only find 3 options for a path.  is there a standing list somewhere that shows what you can do depending on your theme?  The one im building now has only alligators and snakes,  i assume that is different depending on what them you use?
now, my game crashes a lot on ps4 for whatever reason so ive learned to save it a ton.  im wondeirng if im losing options when i boot it back up.

I did see a post for more barns.  I'm from Minnesota and trying to build a bunch of our local courses.  I have to assume there a a ton of Minnesotans on here since golf is huge here.

thanks for the help all!

Wise move on saving your course often ... that's the biggest tip I'd give someone. I lost hours of work on my first course where it crashed and I hadn't saved it recently.

The stuff that changes from theme to theme is the stuff you'd expect, like the type of trees, plants, backdrop. Other than that its fairly standard across the different themes. It would be nice to have all trees, plants, etc available on all themes, so that we can choose what we have, but I'm assuming there are restrictions behind the scenes that prevents this from happening.

In terms of additional stuff like barns, try and be creative with what's there to make this stuff yourself.  I managed to create a pretty decent barn on my Camp Crystal Lake course just by using the different types of posts and fence panels.  Takes time, but the results can be good.

As course tips, there are better folks than me that can advise on the golfing technical side, but one thing I found at first was that I was being to severe with the slopes on my greens and the hills/mounds/slopes on my fairways.  Have a play around with the sculpting tools to work out how to get subtle but realistic slopes.  Helps to have a test course that you can use to play around with this stuff before getting to work on your proper course.
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Haddonfield Country Club
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)
- Overlook Hotel & Country Club

DaveT

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 01:24:08 PM »
... and be prepared to spend weeks creating a good course ... to do it properly takes a lot of time, but I've enjoyed every minute so far with TGC2 and now with TGC2019. Whole evenings just fly by, just putting on some music or a podcast, loading the game up, and creating just a small part of my course, like a green or a building ... its so relaxing and absorbing.  Enjoy!!
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Haddonfield Country Club
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)
- Overlook Hotel & Country Club

space-cash