Here is what is going on with alternate shot and it's So annoying!

• 6 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: September 20, 2018, 03:46:20 PM »
Okay HB,  here is the trend,  and it's so very frustrating.

For starters, I don't mind waiting for a group of people, I'm patient.  But, what I see going on constantly is friends that want to get paired up and don't they immediately back out of the lobby once you see all four players..  I counted about 20 minutes of jumping in and out of the team matchmaking screen because the same two guys kept backing out as soon as they had seen they weren't paired together.  The reason I know this is what they were doing is because as soon as those two did get paired together they allowed the game to proceed and the match to begin.  I can't tell you how incredibly frustrating it is to sit there and wait 5 minutes and finally get to screen to play and watch the same two bafoons back out because they don't like the pairings.   Look,  I'm just looking for a quick game in this situation and don't care who I get paired with,  that is the fun in it.  Of course I can see a need to be able to log in with your friend and be teamates for sure,  but because you guys don't have that setup at this time it's making players do some very unfair things.

It comes off as very selfish to see these players quit time and time again when some of us just want to get into a match...  You guys can fix this by allowing whomever is in a game party be paired together.   In fact,  I was chatting with a newbie whom was an old tiger woods player and he kept telling me that we should be paired together as long as we were in a in game party.  I kept telling him that wasn't the case and sure enough he found out I was right... He was very very disappointed..   This is something that you guys really need to address so these modes can actually be something that brings us together and gives us options to play the game together and enjoy it.

And also,  please for the love of God,  put us all on the same tees.  I was playing against a guy whom was very good using pro clubs and even he was saying he thought it was 100% unfair for a master clubs player to be put on the further away tees.  He basically said that if someone chooses the master clubs which are much harder to use they shouldn't be penalized...     The goal of TGC19 should be for anyone who plays to get better should want to move to the master clubs.   By putting us all on same tee,  this will encourage people to move up to that set.  Look,  a really good player is going to win most matches no matter what set they use...    Too many people are complaining about this and it's not just master club players,  you know somethings up when pro club users are saying that it isn't fair. 
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

mebby

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 05:15:51 PM »
Another simple fix to this is to allow team changes after coming into the game.  It's right there under their name - just let them navigate down to it and change it.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »
Another simple fix to this is to allow team changes after coming into the game.  It's right there under their name - just let them navigate down to it and change it.

Are you sure Mebby?  everytime I get into an alternate shot match it shows you have like 5 seconds before the game starts..  I have never had enough time to even read the players names much less have a look at whom I'm paired up with.   This is on ps4 mind you...

If HB Keith sees this and can help clarify that would be awesome.  Are we suppose to be able to change teams around in alternate shot matchmaking?  It seems there is not even close to enough time to navigate to any menu before we're trust into the game.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 07:31:30 PM »
People entering matchmaking as a party should of course get paired together, that is just common sense. This is likely a bug, so the question is if it will get fixed.

If not we have another broken game mode.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 07:51:36 PM »
Devs have already said they are looking at fixing it for the next patch.  If private Alt shot you can change teams.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 08:42:34 PM »
Thanks Keith
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

Sheik_YerBouti

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 12:06:08 AM »
My issue is never being able to connect to a server or find a match. I will see player icons across the top of my screen yet the game never seems to “find” a match. Very frustrating to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

space-cash