Selection of Tees and varying distances

• 7 Replies

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« on: September 20, 2018, 04:34:57 PM »
Playing Skins with 4 others, I set for blue tees, when ingame prior to start shows me on white, so I asked others to change to white, yet they said Blue was the back tees.  A picture tells the whole story

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:40:11 PM by Inflames47 »

JoeS_HB

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 11:46:08 AM »
Hi Inflames47,

Can you let us know which course this was on?

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 08:30:56 AM »
Hi Inflames47,

Hey Joe, Since you cannot see the name of a course when setting in that screen  (please consider fixing in next patch) but I know it was  The Jumeriah Club by Crazy Canuck. For more infor we all were playing match play on PC.

Martbloke

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 08:41:16 AM »
Hi Inflames47,

Hey Joe, Since you cannot see the name of a course when setting in that screen  (please consider fixing in next patch) but I know it was  The Jumeriah Club by Crazy Canuck. For more infor we all were playing match play on PC.

Quick question - just something I noticed in both screen shots above - Why is the writing different next to the TGC logo in the top left corner? The top screen says "The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR" whereas the bottom shows something a lot shorter (similar to "Pebble Beach" or "Private Match" or something ... I can't quite make it out and cannot remember the screen well enough to know if this changes after a period of time or scrolls like a ticker i.e. from the official game title to the type of match being set up).

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 06:01:39 PM »
The blurred out part you are seeing says *Private Match* at no time in that screen do they give indication as to what course you are playing only when you actually use the invite will it tell you  * Inflames has invited you to play  *course name* click to join.

DONTMAKEMEPUTT

• Golf is my Life, Life is my Golf!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 08:40:38 AM »
The blurred out part you are seeing says *Private Match* at no time in that screen do they give indication as to what course you are playing only when you actually use the invite will it tell you  * Inflames has invited you to play  *course name* click to join.

Yep very annoying Please fix HB!
Golf gamer since Tiger Woods 06 and bought every golf game ever since!

Martbloke

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »

Gotcha, cheers for clarifying!

CoolD373

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »
I can verify this as well.  It's not just on one course.  The pattern I've seen is on courses with a lot of tee options, when you have four, or especially five tee options.  When you set the private match and uncheck all of the tee sets that you don't want to be available, they don't disappear from the screen that summarizes everything you have picked.  As a result, when you create the Private Match, those tee options are still available.  As a result, it does not always set the default option to what you think it will be and other people entering the match have to pay attention and make sure they set their tee options correctly.  Also, it doesn't always show the right data on the distance of the tee sets for the course.  There is definitely something amiss here.

To HB Team.  Setup a private match and use a course with more than 4 tee options.  Uncheck all but one tee set and proceed forward and you will see what I mean.  I think you can reproduce this quite easily.

Thanks,
Dave

space-cash