PS4 Private Matches issues

• 1 Replies

neilwilkes

« on: September 23, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »
I have a couple of problems in this area.

1 - Match Play - why am I playing off one tee and my opponents playing from the first tee - that gets a good 50-70 yard advantage, so much shorter irons.
It is a lot easier to get close with a 7i against a 3i so it feels like handicap golf......

2 - Joining matches seems to be broken here. There is no way to join a match if I do not get the second popup notification telling me player X has created a match & is waiting for me to join - the bottom option I have been told to use by HB Keith demands a password for some reason (which I do not have).

JoeS_HB

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 09:56:41 AM »
Hi neilwilkes,

If you are in a party with your friend you should see both of your avatars along the header bar at the top right. In this case, if you miss the first pop up, choosing JOIN should not require a password but should take you directly to the pre-round lobby, assuming it still exists.

If you're NOT in a party and your friend created a room that requires a password, then you'd need to get that password from them in order to be able to join.

Its also possible (Though doubtful based on your description) that the message you saw could be from a friend playing a local round (async) in which case the JOIN option from the main menu wouldnt work as its only for online matches and you would need to look through your notifications tab to join that match type.

space-cash