Different tees when playing matchmaking

• 8 Replies

FragranceFree

« on: October 01, 2018, 06:19:52 PM »
Hi,

I keep getting different tees than my opponent when playing multiplayer, it’s pretty unfair, was wondering if that was going to be fixed? Thanks

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 09:13:26 PM »
What he said...
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

moneyman273

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 10:29:42 PM »
Hmmmmmm, an interesting new development.

bob5453

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 12:37:14 AM »
Hi,

I keep getting different tees than my opponent when playing multiplayer, it’s pretty unfair, was wondering if that was going to be fixed? Thanks

This is an intentional Dev decision, we will have to wait to see if they change it in their update patch, but I wouldn't hold my breath for this changing.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

FragranceFree

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 12:54:25 AM »
I got to be honest, I’m really puzzled as to why they would intentionally do that, hope you were joking. I jump out as soon as I see it because it’s not fair to me or my opponent. If I can drive a green that he can’t, or my drives end up 25 yards closer than his or vice versa, that’s not a competition, I don’t want to win or lose like that. I’m really disappointed, not because of the leaderboard that’s full of people who either are on the top by sheer number of games played, or by playing with friends or themselves with multiple consoles to boost their point total, but by ruining the competition. I just bought the game the other day because it was on sale and I was thoroughly impressed by all the upgrades in the game, menus and ease of navigation and at how polished the game is now, it really turned the corner from being a decent game to a fantastic game for me, but this kind of ruins everything. When I’m playing an opponent online I want them to have my exact set, I want the competition to be fair, that’s the whole point in playing, I don’t want a different tee. I really hope bob was joking because that’s a problem for me.

Edit: I just read johneric’s thread, now I understand, they did this purposely to make things “even” for people who use different clubs. I’m sorry but seriously? I use pro clubs because I like them they work well for me, someone who uses masters can hit farther and someone who uses beginner can hit shorter, that’s called risk reward, why even that out? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Come on, just put everyone at the same tee, if whoever can hit farther or shorter than me can, that’s their choice, that’s understood when you pick your clubs no? I mean, what the heck is that, in that case I suppose everyone should just use beginners in match play. Kind of silly tho
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:13:08 AM by FragranceFree »

bob5453

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 01:18:22 AM »
I got to be honest, I’m really puzzled as to why they would intentionally do that, hope you were joking. I jump out as soon as I see it because it’s not fair to me or my opponent. If I can drive a green that he can’t, or my drives end up 25 yards closer than his or vice versa, that’s not a competition, I don’t want to win or lose like that. I’m really disappointed, not because of the leaderboard that’s full of people who either are on the top by sheer number of games played, or by playing with friends or themselves with multiple consoles to boost their point total, but by ruining the competition. I just bought the game the other day because it was on sale and I was thoroughly impressed by all the upgrades in the game, menus and ease of navigation and at how polished the game is now, it really turned the corner from being a decent game to a fantastic game for me, but this kind of ruins everything. When I’m playing an opponent online I want them to have my exact set, I want the competition to be fair, that’s the whole point in playing, I don’t want a different tee. I really hope bob was joking because that’s a problem for me.

Edit: I just read johneric’s thread, now I understand, they did this purposely to make things “even” for people who use different clubs. I’m sorry but seriously? I use pro clubs because I like them they work well for me, someone who uses masters can hit farther and someone who uses beginner can hit shorter, that’s called risk reward, why even that out? That makes absolutely no sense at all. Come on, just put everyone at the same tee, if whoever can hit farther or shorter than me can, that’s their choice, that’s understood when you pick your clubs no? I mean, what the heck is that, in that case I suppose everyone should just use beginners in match play. Kind of silly tho

Here is their official comment about it

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,25011.msg311479.html#msg311479

EDIT - I guess you already found the info. That's why I don't see them changing it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:21:09 AM by bob5453 »
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
The Big Valley 2019

FragranceFree

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 01:27:17 AM »
Thank you bob. I’m still a bit confused tho, because my issue is a little different. I don’t want to be matched up with only people who use pro clubs like me, I want to be matched up with everyone, and I want it on the same tee regardless of club selection. If someone is capable of using master clubs than they deserve the extra yards, if someone is using beginner then they should be at a disadvantage when it comes to distance, am I wrong? Isn’t that the reason for different club lengths? Risk reward no?

bob5453

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 01:37:11 AM »
I agree with you 100%, but they don't tell us their reasoning until after they do something, so the reasoning always justifies their results. 
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
The Big Valley 2019

FragranceFree

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 01:42:22 AM »
 :(

space-cash