Putting camera from behind hole

• 6 Replies

Martbloke

« on: October 08, 2018, 02:58:00 AM »
Can't really say if it is a pre or post patch bug but was playing TPC Sawgrass yesterday in an online society, and for rounds 2 & 3 we had pins 2 & 3 from the gold tees, TST style (no scout cam, no grids, no putting marker). When on the green for most of the front 9, the putting camera from behind the hole was a lot further away from the hole than it normally is - usually a few feet but seemed to be around 20 feet away. This made it a lot harder to read the line almost impossible at times.

I also had this on 1 of the holes (think it was the 18th) of the new Web.com Tour Championship course.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:47:08 AM by Martbloke »

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 08:57:09 AM »
What you are looking for is this: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,25213.msg311421.html#msg311421.
Hope it will be fixed somewhen.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Martbloke

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 10:05:00 AM »
What you are looking for is this: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,25213.msg311421.html#msg311421.
Hope it will be fixed somewhen.

Although I agree with the issues in the linked post to be fixed (bring back the snake camera for putting and unlink it from the Scout camera so we can use it when Scout camera is off), this is not my current issue.

I have Scout camera off and so the only putting cameras/views available are when you press the Scout camera button and then then click the left stick (non-swing stick) you get the behind ball, behind hole, bird's eye view and views from left and right. My issue is with the behind hole view. Normally when you click to this view and go down to ground level, the view is only a view feet from the hole which helps to get a good view of the line. However, I have noticed for a number of holes (advised above) that this view is actually a lot further back than it should be - say over 20 feet - and from this it's hard to read the line of the putt.

Yes by all means bring back the snake camera to assist no grids reading the green as this would help massively but without that being fixed, this behind hole view is messed up on certain holes - whether it's something where the game thinks the hole is further back than it is or something linked to the putting marker (which shouldn't affect me as I have this off as well), I don't know.

Martbloke

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 06:52:07 PM »
Ok so after some further testing, I've found the issue and I think it's been since the patch although I cannot 100% confirm. It's to do with the putting marker although it is not on.

When the putting marker is off, the camera from behind the hole is actually positioning where the marker would be if it was on. So when it is an uphill putt, the marker would be further behind the hole as you'd need more power and so the camera is further away. Issue is, with the marker off you cannot adjust this. You have to have the marker on and move it to the hole for the camera behind the hole to be on the hole like normal.

This should not be the case. With marker off the camera view should default to the hole not where the marker would be if the marker was on. HB please can this be looked at and fixed. Thanks in advance.

Martbloke

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 01:59:28 PM »
I think heshwuan from the below topic has solved this issue for me - will test later:

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,26312.0.html

frankjfusa

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 04:05:49 PM »
Not for nothing, even with the Scouts and Marker OFF, try enabling the Approach/Putt cam. I get all the angles i could possibly want to miss putts  (];- )    if your into the whole total aids off "sim" thing i get it, but try it anyway.

Martbloke

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 07:55:58 PM »
Not for nothing, even with the Scouts and Marker OFF, try enabling the Approach/Putt cam. I get all the angles i could possibly want to miss putts  (];- )    if your into the whole total aids off "sim" thing i get it, but try it anyway.

Hey Frank. I have Scout camera off and marker off as well as having the approach/putting cameras on as that's the way I like to play (as well as no grids or wind speed). Need to have the approach/putting cameras otherwise there's no real way to read the putt. Issue was with 1 of the 5 putting cameras (behind the hole camera).

I can confirm after testing that heshwuan has solved it. When shot selection is set to "On", the behind the hole camera for putting does show from the marker even when the putting marker is etc to off. So if the marker is set to 30ft behind the hole because it's an immense uphill putt, that is where the camera shows. If I set shot selection to "club only", this camera defaults to the hole no matter what so, for the example above, the camera would NOT be from 30ft behind the hole but would be from 1-2 ft from the hole.

Not entirely sure why the camera is set to the marker when a setting for shot selection is changed as surely the camera has nothing to do with this but hey, I have an answer now.

space-cash