Server Side Gameplay Updates

• 184 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2018, 01:48:24 PM »
A ball sitting up in the sand is not that big of deal. The only time we should have a bad lie % is if the ball is plugged . If it is plugged around the green there should be no spin on it as well.

Hope we get this patch back soon. I actually had it for a little longer. I played a whole round with it on then played another without it. Right away you can see the difference in ball flight and spin. Also the bad rough lies really make you think about course management. Went I went back to the old way it was bombs away again.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

PooSplatt

« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2018, 02:26:26 PM »
I assume that the inability to be able to  fade or draw the driver in the loft settings box is  intentional?
The ability to fade and draw still exists. The shot shaper UI element requires an update (that we cannot push via the server) to resolve this known issue with the server update.
Hi, long time stalker of the site, thanks for the add.
On the subject of ‘fade/draw’ slider may I suggest using colours that the colour blind amongst us can see (yellow & blue usually work well) Not sure why on this game but seeing the fade/draw before the update was almost impossible at times for those who suffer with it. Besides that, great game 👍🏻

mebby

« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2018, 02:33:25 PM »
A ball sitting up in the sand is not that big of deal. The only time we should have a bad lie % is if the ball is plugged . If it is plugged around the green there should be no spin on it as well.

Hope we get this patch back soon. I actually had it for a little longer. I played a whole round with it on then played another without it. Right away you can see the difference in ball flight and spin. Also the bad rough lies really make you think about course management. Went I went back to the old way it was bombs away again.

Agree with the first paragraph with one small caveat.  A well struck ball that's sitting up in a trap will react pretty similar to a well struck ball sitting in the fairway.  A poorly hit ball hit from the fairway will end up much better than a poorly hit ball from a sandtrap.

Not sure if HBS can model that.  Maybe have a range of something like 70% to 99% and use 99% if they have P/P tempo and use something graduating on down to 70% for all mi****s.  Probably difficulty to do.

So if they can't pull that off I'd much rather see something like 90% to 95% while laying up in a trap.
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

FRSTDWN

« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »

Agree with the first paragraph with one small caveat.  A well struck ball that's sitting up in a trap will react pretty similar to a well struck ball sitting in the fairway.  A poorly hit ball hit from the fairway will end up much better than a poorly hit ball from a sandtrap.

Not sure if HBS can model that.  Maybe have a range of something like 70% to 99% and use 99% if they have P/P tempo and use something graduating on down to 70% for all mi****s.  Probably difficulty to do.

So if they can't pull that off I'd much rather see something like 90% to 95% while laying up in a trap.

Agree. A bad shot from the bunker is way worse then from the fairway.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2018, 03:46:52 PM »

Yep. That would make a lot of sense.

space-cash