Server Side Gameplay Updates

• 184 Replies

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2018, 07:03:49 PM »
For those of you who are getting these broken Club distances - it sounds like this was due to being mid round when the update was pushed. The server values should be freshly applied each time the game is launched. We're looking into what's going on...

Anyone on Steam with broken Club distances, please share your output.log to help expedite our investigations.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 07:07:17 PM by HB_CraigC »
~Senior Game Designer

FRSTDWN

« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2018, 07:05:34 PM »
Ok so I like what HB has done. Higher trajectories and more spin because of this, plus tougher rough and bunkers. All adds to a more realistic outcome I think.....BUT it is making the game easier. Definitely need swing enhancements to make hitting straight harder to bring the rough/bunkers into play.

On a medium green (144 speed), irons up to 8I stop almost instantly. On very fast and very firm (187), again they stop quite quick but not as quick as 144 obviously but certainly quicker than before the update. It will be rife with pin seekers especially as the distance for the 8I is now 160 yards so anywhere within this distance, you'd be hard done by to not be putting for a birdie within 10ft max.

For the potential swing updates, tempo needs to be more penal and the swing plane shrunk! I'm hitting a straightish fast/fast and the outcome is to go straight. This is on low winds (4mph max). Trust me when I say, the wind nor my swing path is countering the tempo. For the long game and iron play I have to hit way off the swing plane and/or a very fast or very slow for any real impact to my planned shot to make a major difference.

For driving, like I said in a post earlier, I think the swing plane needs to be as thin as what it is when fully lofted to increase the difficulty of it. It that's way too for people, then maybe 1.5 times the size of this.

I also still feel that the tempo boxes need to adjust when adjusting loft to make it harder particularly now the ball is stopping faster with the short irons. Get within distance of them for a full shot, a relatively easy shot now.

To make it harder now it seems you have to make it the most brutal conditions which to me is an artificial way of making the game of golf hard. On a clear, calm day on a course with soft greens it's not always easy to hit the shots you can in this game. Even a pro I don't think would always smash up a course 10+ under par consistently. Not saying I am as I play TST style and the short game (particularly the putting) is a good challenge for me, but I will certainly be hitting better scores than before the update - heck on 187 very firm greens at Sawgrass, I am already -4 after 6 holes whereas before in a society event, I was never under par on the front 9.
agreed the only problem with increasing difficulty on the swing side is the variation in controllers. I have 3 Xbox controllers of which 2 are unusable on this game because the swing plane is always offline on the back swing. I'm guessing this is down to wear and tear on the pads

You need to send Mart one if those controllers!

I have yet to try he new update but last time I played I was horrible. Be interesting.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Martbloke

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2018, 07:08:40 PM »
Ok so I like what HB has done. Higher trajectories and more spin because of this, plus tougher rough and bunkers. All adds to a more realistic outcome I think.....BUT it is making the game easier. Definitely need swing enhancements to make hitting straight harder to bring the rough/bunkers into play.

On a medium green (144 speed), irons up to 8I stop almost instantly. On very fast and very firm (187), again they stop quite quick but not as quick as 144 obviously but certainly quicker than before the update. It will be rife with pin seekers especially as the distance for the 8I is now 160 yards so anywhere within this distance, you'd be hard done by to not be putting for a birdie within 10ft max.

For the potential swing updates, tempo needs to be more penal and the swing plane shrunk! I'm hitting a straightish fast/fast and the outcome is to go straight. This is on low winds (4mph max). Trust me when I say, the wind nor my swing path is countering the tempo. For the long game and iron play I have to hit way off the swing plane and/or a very fast or very slow for any real impact to my planned shot to make a major difference.

For driving, like I said in a post earlier, I think the swing plane needs to be as thin as what it is when fully lofted to increase the difficulty of it. It that's way too for people, then maybe 1.5 times the size of this.

I also still feel that the tempo boxes need to adjust when adjusting loft to make it harder particularly now the ball is stopping faster with the short irons. Get within distance of them for a full shot, a relatively easy shot now.

To make it harder now it seems you have to make it the most brutal conditions which to me is an artificial way of making the game of golf hard. On a clear, calm day on a course with soft greens it's not always easy to hit the shots you can in this game. Even a pro I don't think would always smash up a course 10+ under par consistently. Not saying I am as I play TST style and the short game (particularly the putting) is a good challenge for me, but I will certainly be hitting better scores than before the update - heck on 187 very firm greens at Sawgrass, I am already -4 after 6 holes whereas before in a society event, I was never under par on the front 9.
agreed the only problem with increasing difficulty on the swing side is the variation in controllers. I have 3 Xbox controllers of which 2 are unusable on this game because the swing plane is always offline on the back swing. I'm guessing this is down to wear and tear on the pads

You need to send Mart one if those controllers!

I have yet to try he new update but last time I played I was horrible. Be interesting.

Haha yeah I'll take it! 😂

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2018, 07:19:42 PM »
For those of you who are getting these broken Club distances - it sounds like this was due to being mid round when the update was pushed. The server values should be freshly applied each time the game is launched. We're looking into what's going on...

Anyone on Steam with broken Club distances, please share your output.log to help expedite our investigations.

My output.log is now 300MB...

An excerpt is at: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,26255.0.html

A lot of thrown exceptions....

Leadbelly

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2018, 07:24:36 PM »
Has anyone tried uninstalling the game then reinstalling, the whole game is only 5-6 gig worth a try.

acdctabs

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »
Has anyone tried uninstalling the game then reinstalling, the whole game is only 5-6 gig worth a try.
Just did. Same errror.

Leadbelly

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2018, 07:34:23 PM »
Just did. Same errror.

What about the 2K folder maybe move that, then launch the game see if that helps.

DONTMAKEMEPUTT

• Golf is my Life, Life is my Golf!
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2018, 07:38:56 PM »
Well I’m NOT happy with these changes whatsoever

So i fully loft a 8 iron and compare to hitting full 7 iron and there still a 8 yard gap in between my clubs WTF

NOT HAPPY
Golf gamer since Tiger Woods 06 and bought every golf game ever since!

acdctabs

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2018, 07:40:10 PM »
Did that.
Lost my golfer and add to accept licence.

Same problem with "virgin" golfer.

Leadbelly

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2018, 07:42:55 PM »
Did that.
Lost my golfer and add to accept licence.

Same problem with "virgin" golfer.

I backup all that stuff, to bad you lost it. Anyway it was worth a try.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2018, 07:44:24 PM »
Well I’m NOT happy with these changes whatsoever

So i fully loft a 8 iron and compare to hitting full 7 iron and there still a 8 yard gap in between my clubs WTF

NOT HAPPY

That sounds AWESOME! Dial a distance - nerfed.

acdctabs

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2018, 07:44:31 PM »
I backed it too. Don't worry for me :)

CuseHokie

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2018, 07:46:47 PM »
After playing a few more rounds, I would say:

1) Spin and trajectory are very good.  IMO, mission accomplished.

2) New club distances - why this was done is beyond me but, with time and a new bag setup, I can adjust

3) New pitch/flop distances - once again, not sure why this was done but, with some practice, I will adjust

4) New surface penalties for rough and sand - a colossal over-reaction.  I just had 2 drives barely trickle into fairway bunkers that resulted in 52% to 64% lies.  Also had a drive that was 1 inch off the fairway and the lie was 90% to 94%.  Not so bad you say.  Then explain to me how a P/P 4 iron from that lie only traveled 150 yards in the air.  Now I know a lot of people think that this game should be just a shade less enjoyable than a 1 hour BDSM session with your mother-in-law, but these impacts are just not realistic.  The previous values needed some adjustment but this is the kind of clear over-reaction most feared would happen to the spin values.  It might even be worse than TGC2.

Agree with everything you’ve said.

The rough is back to TGC2. So designers using Le Golf National rough will be happy I suppose. The bunkers are far worse. 58% lies on greenside bunkers that splash and roll (not fried egg). 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PSN:  CuseHokie

Flutiedawg

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2018, 07:46:57 PM »
I'm a little confused with people complaining about full loft not being enough of difference anymore. That's something that was always silly in my mind. In real life you might open the face a little but opening it up so much you take 50yds off a 8i isn't a thing. In real life you just club down one or two clubs. With the fixed RPMs and trajectory you shouldn't need to use massive amounts of loft to get a 8i to stop realistically.

CuseHokie

« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »
I'm a little confused with people complaining about full loft not being enough of difference anymore. That's something that was always silly in my mind. In real life you might open the face a little but opening it up so much you take 50yds off a 8i isn't a thing. In real life you just club down one or two clubs. With the fixed RPMs and trajectory you shouldn't need to use massive amounts of loft to get a 8i to stop realistically.

Agree. My guess is there are people using “enhanced controllers” that were simply dialing in a distance and never facing an off center swing. 

There’s no way I can loft my 4 iron and have it carry like a 6 iron on a flushed swing. 

Maybe the wedge ranges could have some overlap but not any irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PSN:  CuseHokie

space-cash