Server Side Gameplay Updates

• 184 Replies

Bobapett

« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »
After playing a few more rounds, I would say:

1) Spin and trajectory are very good.  IMO, mission accomplished.

2) New club distances - why this was done is beyond me but, with time and a new bag setup, I can adjust

3) New pitch/flop distances - once again, not sure why this was done but, with some practice, I will adjust

4) New surface penalties for rough and sand - a colossal over-reaction.  I just had 2 drives barely trickle into fairway bunkers that resulted in 52% to 64% lies.  Also had a drive that was 1 inch off the fairway and the lie was 90% to 94%.  Not so bad you say.  Then explain to me how a P/P 4 iron from that lie only traveled 150 yards in the air.  Now I know a lot of people think that this game should be just a shade less enjoyable than a 1 hour BDSM session with your mother-in-law, but these impacts are just not realistic.  The previous values needed some adjustment but this is the kind of clear over-reaction most feared would happen to the spin values.  It might even be worse than TGC2.

Thanks for THAT mental image.  I'm going to curl up in a ball in the corner now.   :-\
Only YOU can prevent word crimes.

Lancers

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2018, 08:15:08 PM »
TBH I would have settled for a slight rough and sand penalty. Not a fan. Aside from the penalties from the rough the game plays differently for me now and that's OK. It seems that you have to get a partial swing now on a lot of the pitches. OK harder but WTF. Also gone is the 20 yard LW flop that I used out of short greenside bunkers. So you gonna make me chip now? It's OK I liked it better before actually. Big over reaction on the rough and sand lies I was afraid this would happen.   ::)

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2018, 08:17:49 PM »
and designers all say "Well...time to start over..."
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

BSmooth13

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2018, 08:19:39 PM »
I assume that the inability to be able to  fade or draw the driver in the loft settings box is  intentional?
The ability to fade and draw still exists. The shot shaper UI element requires an update (that we cannot push via the server) to resolve this known issue with the server update.
Hang on...you're telling me a server-side update had a modification which made the vertical draw/fade line hidden behind the horizontal loft bar, and no one caught it...AND it can't be fixed without another official patch being pushed out? Am I reading that correctly?

If so, should we expect to see the draw/fade line in the shot shaper with Driver off the tee before December?

Seems like a really, really silly oversight guys. Appreciate the efforts, truly do...but come'on, that's an easy one. So no one must have playtested the update before pushing it out enough to have tried to loft/draw/fade a driver? Can't tell you the last round I didn't do that at least once...I mean...just can't understand how that's remotely possible.

Anyway, do appreciate the update, but I think what I'm saying here is fair...

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2018, 08:20:49 PM »
why test the change? We didn't even test the full version of the game. Silly Bsmooth...
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

BSmooth13

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2018, 08:24:24 PM »
why test the change? We didn't even test the full version of the game. Silly Bsmooth...

Nickha74

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »
Loving the trajectories however for the next server update can you adjust the penalty for sand shots mainly fairway bunkers they were fine yesterday now my “PGA” player can’t advance the ball out of them even if they trickled in.. I knew this would happen people wanting the game to be harder over wanting realism so now we’re back to no advancement from bunkers or rough.

CuseHokie

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2018, 08:26:17 PM »
I assume that the inability to be able to  fade or draw the driver in the loft settings box is  intentional?
The ability to fade and draw still exists. The shot shaper UI element requires an update (that we cannot push via the server) to resolve this known issue with the server update.
Hang on...you're telling me a server-side update had a modification which made the vertical draw/fade line hidden behind the horizontal loft bar, and no one caught it...AND it can't be fixed without another official patch being pushed out? Am I reading that correctly?

If so, should we expect to see the draw/fade line in the shot shaper with Driver off the tee before December?

Seems like a really, really silly oversight guys. Appreciate the efforts, truly do...but come'on, that's an easy one. So no one must have playtested the update before pushing it out enough to have tried to loft/draw/fade a driver? Can't tell you the last round I didn't do that at least once...I mean...just can't understand how that's remotely possible.

Seems like the easiest fix would be to expand the vertical box of the driver a few pixels since that can be done server side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PSN:  CuseHokie

Fedorov

« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
So I'm no expert, more of a casual PC golfer... 3 of us have just played a Turn order private match on that awesome Valmont course and from a more casual perspective found the improvements very positive. Being able to plant the ball on the green without it always running off was so much better.

Getting punished for landing in heavy rough or bunkers is a massive improvement - maybe a fraction too far and could be dialled back a little but still enough to punish anyone that goes off-piste.

Keep these great updates coming - we had a great round, thank you.

Martbloke

« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2018, 08:28:16 PM »
Having played a couple of rounds I have found myself in a couple of fairway bunkers rolling into them from a drive and the lie being like 57-65%. Think that is a a touch extreme. Heavy rough and light rough I'm happy with. I'm finding myself that when the fairway slopes towards the rough, and not having scout cam to see this is the case, I'm fretting going into the heavy stuff and have a sigh of relief when it bounces into the light rough or even luckier, the fairway.

I too think the distance changes for flops is too much and don't know why these changed. Not needed nor necessary imo. The flop also is a go to for most when around the green as it stops pretty instant and now more distance is added it only adds incentive for people to use it with very little difficulty to execute in all honesty.

The sim side of me also says that HB needs to sort the bounce/resistance when bouncing/landing in the heavy rough. Seems to bounce way too much and, irl if I was to hit a shot bound for the heavy stuff, do I get 4, 5, 6 bounces which can even bounce enough to trundle 30-40 yards further on or directly right/left out of it onto the fairway? Hell nah!

Leadbelly

« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2018, 08:28:43 PM »

It was only the driver for heaven sake, the loft was so slight you could not see the line. I think they fixed it already anyway, I can see the line fine with a driver now.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2018, 08:30:02 PM »
Played very little but like the changes to the loft box. Was so unrealistic the way it was. Ball flights better for sure. Spin is better. It over done on the flop and under done on the pitch. Not sure why we changed the pitch distance.

You can see the draw fade on all the clubs minus the driver but if you lift the loft up a tiny bit you can see it. Definite work around.

I think the heavy rough is right from what I saw . The light rough maybe a little overdone. The sand definitely over done when it sitting up.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Leadbelly

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2018, 08:40:35 PM »

moneyman273

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »
They temporarily reverted the changes.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,26261.0.html

As they say in the good Ole South of the USA.............what a hot mess.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2018, 08:49:45 PM »
Worked fine on the Xbox. Why not let's us keep testing it? What the...
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

space-cash