Server Side Gameplay Updates

• 184 Replies

Martbloke

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2018, 06:16:07 PM »
Whats up with the distances for 6-7-8-9 iron ??
A fully lofted 8 iron carries 150 meters??

Wedges too. Fully lofted LW used to go 38 now around 80..!

What platform? I'm on Xbox and my distances are fine:

Driver - 285
3W - 243
3I - 214
4I - 203
5I - 194
6I -183
7I - 172
8I - 160
9I - 148
PW - 136
GW - 122
SW - 108
LW - 94

Fuzzy Hair

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2018, 06:17:16 PM »

Driver - 285
3W - 243
3I - 214
4I - 203
5I - 194
6I -183
7I - 172
8I - 160
9I - 148
PW - 136
GW - 122
SW - 108
LW - 94
FULLY LOFTED.

TomcatUK

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2018, 06:20:54 PM »
I assume that the inability to be able to  fade or draw the driver in the loft settings box is  intentional?

Martbloke

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2018, 06:25:12 PM »

Driver - 285
3W - 243
3I - 214
4I - 203
5I - 194
6I -183
7I - 172
8I - 160
9I - 148
PW - 136
GW - 122
SW - 108
LW - 94
FULLY LOFTED.

Sorry Fuzzy, quoted you instead of Wolf.

Fuzzy Hair

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 06:26:24 PM »
I assume that the inability to be able to  fade or draw the driver in the loft settings box is  intentional?
You can still do it as the plane gets thinner if you move left or right you just can't see the dial moving.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 06:28:30 PM »
Update broke the game for me too.

Playing Masters Clubs

Normal LW -64yds
9I - 109 yds
8I - 171 yds
7I - 175yds
6I - 175 yds

Tried to restart game and computer, but still same. Went into the bag set up and it is messed up too. Takes forever to load after a button press. No irons to select other than 1I 2I and 3I. Seems my Masters wedges are now on the beginner club set and the beginner wedges on the Masters set.

Same issue that is reported above. Playing on PC.

I was mid round when the clubs changed, so guessing that had something to do with the issue.

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 06:30:07 PM »
The ability to fade and draw still exists. The shot shaper UI element requires an update (that we cannot push via the server) to resolve this known issue with the server update.
~Senior Game Designer

wolfowitz

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2018, 06:31:12 PM »

Playing Masters Clubs

Normal LW -64yds
9I - 109 yds
8I - 171 yds
7I - 175yds
6I - 175 yds

Tried to restart game and computer, but still same. Went into the bag set up and it is messed up too. Takes forever to load after a button press. No irons to select other than 1I 2I and 3I. Seems my Masters wedges are now on the beginner club set and the beginner wedges on the Masters set.

I was mid round when the clubs changed, so guessing that had something to do with the issue.

Yes, exact same thing here. Also on pc.

random scotsman

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2018, 06:32:17 PM »
I think because the driver loft box has been.shrunk down the centre line is difficult to see. If I press the trigger the centre line is visible for a second or two

acdctabs

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2018, 06:32:28 PM »

Playing Masters Clubs

Normal LW -64yds
9I - 109 yds
8I - 171 yds
7I - 175yds
6I - 175 yds

Yes, exact same thing here. Also on pc.
Exactly the same !

MDgolf.ca

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2018, 06:35:22 PM »
For some reason I can’t get my guy to pull back on his swing.  It just hitches and doesn’t go into the back swing animation.  Had no problem before the patch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

random scotsman

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2018, 06:37:03 PM »
If you want to see the draw/fade line on driver loft up or down and it becomes visible

Martbloke

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2018, 06:44:57 PM »
Ok so I like what HB has done. Higher trajectories and more spin because of this, plus tougher rough and bunkers. All adds to a more realistic outcome I think.....BUT it is making the game easier. Definitely need swing enhancements to make hitting straight harder to bring the rough/bunkers into play.

On a medium green (144 speed), irons up to 8I stop almost instantly. On very fast and very firm (187), again they stop quite quick but not as quick as 144 obviously but certainly quicker than before the update. It will be rife with pin seekers especially as the distance for the 8I is now 160 yards so anywhere within this distance, you'd be hard done by to not be putting for a birdie within 10ft max.

For the potential swing updates, tempo needs to be more penal and the swing plane shrunk! I'm hitting a straightish fast/fast and the outcome is to go straight. This is on low winds (4mph max). Trust me when I say, the wind nor my swing path is countering the tempo. For the long game and iron play I have to hit way off the swing plane and/or a very fast or very slow for any real impact to my planned shot to make a major difference.

For driving, like I said in a post earlier, I think the swing plane needs to be as thin as what it is when fully lofted to increase the difficulty of it. It that's way too for people, then maybe 1.5 times the size of this.

I also still feel that the tempo boxes need to adjust when adjusting loft to make it harder particularly now the ball is stopping faster with the short irons. Get within distance of them for a full shot, a relatively easy shot now.

To make it harder now it seems you have to make it the most brutal conditions which to me is an artificial way of making the game of golf hard. On a clear, calm day on a course with soft greens it's not always easy to hit the shots you can in this game. Even a pro I don't think would always smash up a course 10+ under par consistently. Not saying I am as I play TST style and the short game (particularly the putting) is a good challenge for me, but I will certainly be hitting better scores than before the update - heck on 187 very firm greens at Sawgrass, I am already -4 after 6 holes whereas before in a society event, I was never under par on the front 9.

Martbloke

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2018, 06:47:23 PM »
I think because the driver loft box has been.shrunk down the centre line is difficult to see. If I press the trigger the centre line is visible for a second or two

I agree and I reckon the update they are talking about which cannot be done via server is to change the colour of the vertical line.

random scotsman

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2018, 07:01:32 PM »
Ok so I like what HB has done. Higher trajectories and more spin because of this, plus tougher rough and bunkers. All adds to a more realistic outcome I think.....BUT it is making the game easier. Definitely need swing enhancements to make hitting straight harder to bring the rough/bunkers into play.

On a medium green (144 speed), irons up to 8I stop almost instantly. On very fast and very firm (187), again they stop quite quick but not as quick as 144 obviously but certainly quicker than before the update. It will be rife with pin seekers especially as the distance for the 8I is now 160 yards so anywhere within this distance, you'd be hard done by to not be putting for a birdie within 10ft max.

For the potential swing updates, tempo needs to be more penal and the swing plane shrunk! I'm hitting a straightish fast/fast and the outcome is to go straight. This is on low winds (4mph max). Trust me when I say, the wind nor my swing path is countering the tempo. For the long game and iron play I have to hit way off the swing plane and/or a very fast or very slow for any real impact to my planned shot to make a major difference.

For driving, like I said in a post earlier, I think the swing plane needs to be as thin as what it is when fully lofted to increase the difficulty of it. It that's way too for people, then maybe 1.5 times the size of this.

I also still feel that the tempo boxes need to adjust when adjusting loft to make it harder particularly now the ball is stopping faster with the short irons. Get within distance of them for a full shot, a relatively easy shot now.

To make it harder now it seems you have to make it the most brutal conditions which to me is an artificial way of making the game of golf hard. On a clear, calm day on a course with soft greens it's not always easy to hit the shots you can in this game. Even a pro I don't think would always smash up a course 10+ under par consistently. Not saying I am as I play TST style and the short game (particularly the putting) is a good challenge for me, but I will certainly be hitting better scores than before the update - heck on 187 very firm greens at Sawgrass, I am already -4 after 6 holes whereas before in a society event, I was never under par on the front 9.
agreed the only problem with increasing difficulty on the swing side is the variation in controllers. I have 3 Xbox controllers of which 2 are unusable on this game because the swing plane is always offline on the back swing. I'm guessing this is down to wear and tear on the pads

space-cash