Server Side Gameplay Updates

• 184 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2018, 09:57:52 PM »
I think the pin seekers, will like the trajectory but not the loft box changes. That alone will keep people off the pins, on many holes.

Agree  been waiting for them to make the loft box realistic since 1. Great change.  Makes course management much more important. Which brings risk reward much more into play.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED

PGA Tour 2K21 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
https://twitch.tv/frstdwn4lw

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

MDgolf.ca

« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2018, 09:57:58 PM »
Can anyone help?  Since the patch I can’t take the club back it just hitches.  Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try and unistall reinstalling it.
The game?

No your brain! Lol yes the game.

Will I lose my season in progress?

FRSTDWN

« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2018, 10:00:37 PM »
Can anyone help?  Since the patch I can’t take the club back it just hitches.  Thanks

The game?

Not sure what system you are on but games data is saved on the cloud for Xbox.

Should have no affect on your saved progress on the PC or PS4.

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Leadbelly

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2018, 10:02:48 PM »

The game?

I don't think so, but save your 2k folder just in case.

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\LocalLow\2K

DBF104

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2018, 10:11:02 PM »
Having played a few rounds, I think the corrections were way more than I expected.  The bunker percentages, especially around the greens, were mostly in the 45-65% range even for balls that bounced and rolled into the bunkers. I can see that percentage for a ball coming in high with a lofted club and landing in the bunker, but not one running in.  I also thought the heavy rough also went a bit too far. I was in the rough many times and only about 20% could I reach the green.  I know you'll hear a thousand opinions and never get it perfect, but crank it back a little bit and it will be awesome! The ball runout on the greens seemed just right!

MDgolf.ca

« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2018, 10:11:39 PM »
I’m on ps4

dlw1964

« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2018, 10:14:26 PM »
I think the pin seekers, will like the trajectory but not the loft box changes. That alone will keep people off the pins, on many holes.
I like both.
Players that carry a normal set up should like both, now the players that like to leave some irons or wedges out of their bag to carry more longer clubs aren't going to be happy with the loft box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Leadbelly

« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2018, 10:19:41 PM »
I like both.
Players that carry a normal set up should like both, now the players that like to leave some irons or wedges out of their bag to carry more longer clubs aren't going to be happy with the loft box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Like the pros do switch out clubs to match the course your playing, they do that all the time. Some courses require different clubs, in order to play them effectively.

kmh1268

« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2018, 10:24:59 PM »
why did my clubs go back to the way they were before the server update?

Leadbelly

« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2018, 10:26:21 PM »

xterminator24

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2018, 10:27:23 PM »
I played several rounds with the patch before it was reverted.

My experience was extremely positive. I loved the trajectories and added spin. I don’t feel it’s overdone and you still have to account for a little bit of roll. Was also able to use some slopes as a backstop and the spin pulled it backwards.

I also really enjoyed the lies in the rough being more penal. To me lies in the rough are always a crapshoot in real life. Ball either sits up or nestles down deep. Really doesn’t matter if you hit it 1 foot off the fairway or 20 feet, you could get a bad lie. Also found hitting in the rough next to the green made chipping a lot more challenging.

I do echo the weirdness of the lie percentages in the bunkers. My guess is that with the increase in flop shot distance that they lowered bunker lie percentages in an attempt to keep green side bunker play realistic. Really think they need a “splash” shot type for greeenside bunkers which would allow better control of things like this. I didn’t experience too much trouble hitting out of green side bunkers. It was just more of a challenge to figure out distance. I felt like added flop distance countered the low lie percentage.

I really think this was a huge step in the right direction. I know some are still wanting more difficulty but remember HB wanted to nail down the gameplay update changes before tacking swing tunings.

Hope HB can figure out the club distance issues some were suffering with so I have some more time to work through the changes.

Jlukes7

« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2018, 10:43:12 PM »
Bunkers now give awful percentages even if you roll in and don't plug. Not good.

And light rough needs to be bumped back up because it's way too penal. Hell in real lifestyle light rough often adds distance due to flier lies rather than reduces distance.

gtgud

« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2018, 10:57:18 PM »
now the players that like to leave some irons or wedges out of their bag to carry more longer clubs aren't going to be happy with the loft box.

The excessive loft box kind of reminds me of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011, with the overpowered, "Club Tuner." I recall that a wedge could be tuned to be so long, that it would perform like a mid to long-iron, thus allowing players to cut out 2 or 3 clubs from their bag, and load up on whatever else they wanted.

Leaving irons and wedges out would be a loophole, based on the unrealistic ability to make long clubs perform like short clubs.

I like the fact that, clubs will foreseeably only have a normal range of high and low distance, which will then compel players to play more strategically... kind of like how actual golf is played.

Bunkers are not all pot bunkers. Let's first pretend that this game even has pot bunkers. But, since it doesn't have any, let's please not pretend that the bunkers cannot be hit out of, at all. The loss needs to be somewhere in the 80-90% range, out of bunkers, unless buried. Golfers out on Tour successfully convert full bunker shots with regularity.

The rest of the rough sounds decent. But, I'd actually like to see some flier lies, (with like say, 105-110%) out of the first or second cut, from time to time. The deep rough and fescue should should be hack-out material. So, we're moving in the right direction, there.

There's no way in the world that a Flop shot should go 40 yards, full stop. 25 yards, seemed excessive, at that. We need to look at some real-life Flops, and see what goes on. They are shortish, high shots, with a bit of roll... usually brought on by being short-sided. But, they need to roll, when the terrain calls for it.

Pitch shots are probably good, even if extended... as long as the distance fills gaps, and makes sense, of course. But, I'd argue that pitches could use a bit more zip on the second hop.

But, a 3-Wood does not carry only 243 yards, not even fully lofted. That's way outside the scope of a normal distance progression.

There was always something wrong with the woods, hybrids, and long irons, from the start of this game; particularly, with their lack of distance adjustment, compared to the other clubs. It is like playing two different games, going from dial-a-distance, with the short irons... to hitting a wood the same exact distance - no matter how much loft is applied. - Doesn't make much sense, not even unto itself.

We should be able to loft up a wood, or hybrid, or long iron. It just shouldn't knock 50 yards off of it. But, a fully lofted wood should knock off more than 2 yards, right? - I hope they fix that.

But, equally important, is to make all clubs travel a normal Tour distance progression. If a Driver can be carried over 300 yards, at the highest level, than a 3-Wood should be more commensurate with that progression. Losing over 40 yards of just carry, between a Driver and a 3-Wood, is a bit overboard. 20-30 yards... maybe?

HB, let's please get a beta-testing-group going or something, am I right? Let's please test these things out, at least a little bit, to make sure that they make sense, before just unloading them upon everyone... and then having to take it all back, and then do it all over again.

I'll volunteer to be a beta-tester. I would just rather we get everything thoroughly tested, so that it's all-the-way looking like golf, moreso than a mashup of some random input that doesn't necessarily correlate fully - to what PGA Tour golf looks like.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:01:47 PM by gtgud »

FRSTDWN

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2018, 10:59:50 PM »
I had to walk away from the Xbox while patch was still active and I am playing right now and still have yardage and looks like the apex and spin. Weird..

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

BWW2201

« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2018, 11:00:49 PM »
The rough changes sound unfortunate

You have to be able to reach the green from the rough/sand. This in tgc2 was no fun. Stopped playing.

space-cash