Swing Tuning Server Update

• 69 Replies

hort22

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
is it possible i still have some form of the swing tuner?

had my ps4 in rest mode last night and threw the game on this morning and still had the shorter 3 wood distance with master clubs at the driving range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClassAct147

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2018, 06:14:54 PM »
If you don't quit out of the game it's very possible you still have the swing tuner update.

bigned56

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2018, 07:35:48 PM »
got to play one round with the update thought it was a great improvement

Badger57

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2018, 07:57:25 PM »
I've still got the patched game as I've not played any other games on my Xbox and it seems to stick when I turn it off.
Loving the changes made but the sand shot lies definitely have gone too far.
The driver shot shaper gone AWOL is annoying too.

jamescostanza

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2018, 12:47:08 AM »
In the little time I had a chance to play the changes on my xbox s; I loved it.  Hope it returns soon

Stokie

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2018, 04:18:31 AM »
are they still planning to go ahead with the server update or as it been dropped

Leadbelly

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2018, 04:52:41 AM »
Its still a go, they are working on it. They will post as soon as, there ready to give it another try.

random scotsman

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2018, 09:03:33 AM »
November

whammy5

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »
Well that explains everything. I finally got to play last night and didn't notice any changes.

So to recap the last 2 weeks of when I've found time to play this game:
Night one: servers down
Night two: server update reset.

I think I'm just bad luck.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

hoos4974

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2018, 09:15:37 AM »
Well that explains everything. I finally got to play last night and didn't notice any changes.

So to recap the last 2 weeks of when I've found time to play this game:
Night one: servers down
Night two: server update reset.

I think I'm just bad luck.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Hence your screen name..... WHAMMY! lol

Just kidding, hopefully they turn it around fast. It was a really good update!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Andrew Hobson

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2018, 10:01:58 AM »
They will have to sort it fot the disc release i would imagine.

blueisthecolour

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2018, 10:52:02 AM »
Sorry for being lazy - but what is the current status? Does the game play any differently to release at the moment?

hoos4974

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2018, 10:59:04 AM »
Sorry for being lazy - but what is the current status? Does the game play any differently to release at the moment?
Not at the moment. There was a server side update a few days ago that changed a couple aspects of the game play that really made it feel like a new game, for the better IMHO. But that update was reversed so they could investigate a nasty glitch some people were seeing. It will be pushed out again once that issue is resolved.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2018, 11:51:43 AM »
I got to play one round with the new ball trajectory & spin and lie effect physics in place.  Like many here, I found the impact of the trajectory and spin changes yielded results that were much closer to reality!  I was very pleased with the way they affected the game.  OTOH, I thought the penalties for light rough were a little severe, and the sand and heavy rough penalties to be significantly overstated.

I had three tee shots roll off the fairway into a fairway bunker.  Visually, they were sitting up perfectly, yet showed a 54 to 63% carry with 5 to 7 irons.  I had 178 yards in one case to the pin with virtually no lip, and hit a perfectly struck 5-iron on flat terrain... the ball carried 106 yards and rolled out to 118 yards ???

The heavy rough I thought was overly punitive by a factor of maybe 7 to 10%, while the light rough maybe a factor of 3 to 5%. They seemed to be more on a scale of those we saw in TGC 2.  I had the impression HBS' target for this update penalties that would split the difference between TGC 2 and the release version of TGC 2019.

I'm confident that HBS will keep working at it and get this right.  The changes they made to the ball trajectories and spin gave this game a satisfying flavor... I can't say enough about good that looked, played, and felt!
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Kelson

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2018, 12:21:58 PM »
I played a few rounds when the update was in place using master clubs. From what I saw, I liked the trajectories, though they will take a bit getting used to.

I liked the spin. I was pleased that we didn't get unrealistic spin-back.

I hit into the rough and bunkers maybe 5 times. I liked the penalty for being in the various lies.

Overall, my assessment is this. I really liked what I saw. Much more control when you make a good, perfect tempo shot.

However, it is still a bit too forgiving on less than perfect shots. My natural swing is perfect/fast and slightly right of center, which really only results in a tad less accuracy.
Designer Status: Unpublished
Reason: A Horse is a Horse of Course, of Course Course is not a valid name.

space-cash