Ball stopping on red/yellow slopes

• 8 Replies

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« on: October 12, 2018, 06:57:41 PM »
Since the new patch I have seen balls that are hit on to the green stop on yellow and red slopes.  This happened with Medium firmness and medium speed greens.

I hadn't seen a ball stop on a yellow/red slope green since TGC 1 and was wondering if this was intentional or something that has come up since the patch. I do not recall it happening prior to the patch.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 07:14:20 PM »
Since the new patch I have seen balls that are hit on to the green stop on yellow and red slopes.  This happened with Medium firmness and medium speed greens.

I hadn't seen a ball stop on a yellow/red slope green since TGC 1 and was wondering if this was intentional or something that has come up since the patch. I do not recall it happening prior to the patch.

It is because the ball physics are back to more of the TGC1 style probably?

gtgud

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 10:46:53 PM »

Before this latest update, on Moderate settings, I've seen golf balls stop on slopes, as well... slopes that they probably should have kept rolling on.

I can only imagine what the additional spin physics will do to an already borderline sticky surface.

It's weird that balls would carry on rolling, even on a sticky surface. It's almost like two totally different things governing the outcome.

For example, on downhill, down-grain flops, the ball will check, and stop rolling. It's unreal, at times. This was before the update, too.

Hopefully, this will be addressed at some point.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:49:09 PM by gtgud »

Molrub

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 06:20:55 AM »
Only see this on slopes behind the hole, if rolling back towards the pin usually only comes back a couple of inches but if short of the hole nearly rolls back off the green.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 07:19:20 PM »
Perhaps I didn't notice this before prior to the patch but since then, I have seen multiple balls stop in the middle of yellow and red slopes. I thought they fixed this issue in TGC 2.  In TGC 1 it was most prevalent if the ball lets say rolled up the hill straight up and would stop. If the ball rolled up the slope at an angle it would roll down properly.  TGC 2 fixed this. 

I'm wondering what the devs have done that has changed this?  I will often play for slopes behind the hole to feed the ball back to the hole, but now about 1/2 just seem to stop on the slope.

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 09:12:15 PM »
Had this happen a few more times today.  Just wondering if there is any Devs who either know this is happening, care that it is happening or if there are any plans out there to fix it? :)

JoeS_HB

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 03:59:17 PM »
We're checking it Brighttail, thanks for the heads up

Andrew Hobson

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 10:14:15 PM »
This was happening on tgc2 as well.
Even seen it this weekend, a 20ft putt on moderate greens with a downhill slope of 5" stop halfway to the hole and be left with a 10ft putt with the same 5" slope. This is happening to guys who have played the franchise for all 3 games.
You would think even gravity would send it down the hill. No, we're on Velcro greens.

gtgud

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 01:13:00 AM »
It would probably help if some guys posted videos of this. It seems like most of the time, the ball rolls on the green when the situation calls for it.

But, I have noticed that the greens seem to be more sticky, since the latest hotfix.

space-cash