Tournament Settings are not correct

• 6 Replies

neaton14

« on: May 24, 2014, 10:52:12 PM »
I apologize if there is some other thread elsewhere but I could not find much of anything related to this issue.

Build No: v0.60
Game Area: Tournaments
Title: Tournament settings are not correct when playing.

Summary: I have tried a few times to create a tournament with specific settings enabled / disabled.  When I go to play a round, all settings are disabled.  I thought this might be some universal bug...but I then loaded up the TGC tournament and all settings were enabled.  How did you do this?

Bug #1:  All settings disabled despite selecting certain ones to be enabled/disabled

Bug #2:  I had two settings enabled for a tournament.  When I went to the tournament page in the "Play Tournament" window, only one setting was green - the rest were grayed out.  Also, none of the settings were actually enabled when I started the round.

Reproduction Steps: When creating a tournament, change some settings to enabled and some to disabled.  (I haven't tested with all settings enabled).
Reproduction Rate: 3/3 -- 100%

If people are not having these problems let me know! Maybe it's something on mind end...Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:01:21 PM by neaton14 »
i5-3570K, GTX 670 2GB
1920x1080
High Settings: Avg - 50, Min - 40, Max - 60

PS3 Controller

ralphieboy72

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 11:06:54 PM »
I don't think it's just you.  I haven't tried myself but I tried to get into Jcauthen's tournament and it was impossible to play because there were no aides and you couldn't even move the camera.  He said he chose for the aides to be on.  Definitely needs some work. 

neaton14

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »
I don't think it's just you.  I haven't tried myself but I tried to get into Jcauthen's tournament and it was impossible to play because there were no aides and you couldn't even move the camera.  He said he chose for the aides to be on.  Definitely needs some work.

Okay good it's not just me.

I think I may have found an interesting 'thing' about this problem.  I went back to play the tournament I created when showing my brother the problem and lo and behold, the Overview camera setting was enabled! I don't know how, but perhaps there's a chance some delay is involved with the settings being saved? When I log on next I'll see if the wind meter displays. Curious... Note, I did change the settings to what I wanted before publishing it the first time.
i5-3570K, GTX 670 2GB
1920x1080

PS3 Controller

neaton14

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 08:00:40 PM »
Meh, I still can't get the settings I want.  All I want disabled are green grid and marker view.  I have tried a couple more times now.

Anyone from HB see this? Maybe I'm spoiled from all the HB replies on these forums :P
i5-3570K, GTX 670 2GB
1920x1080

PS3 Controller

HB_LorinB

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 09:25:09 PM »
Noted and logged.

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 05:55:09 PM »
Inconsistencies in displaying the settings should be resolved in 0.7 this week.

Thanks

neaton14

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »
Inconsistencies in displaying the settings should be resolved in 0.7 this week.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply! I just came on here to say that last night I created another tournament and the settings DID work for me.  Glad to see it'll be resolved.

EDIT: Just re-read your post.  Is this fixing the inconsistencies with simply the green/gray displaying of settings or the actual settings being on/off?

No rush on answering as I'll probably find out tonight or whenever you push out the new build :)
i5-3570K, GTX 670 2GB
1920x1080

PS3 Controller

space-cash