The Links of Beckon Ridge newly published

• 2 Replies

slick60

« on: October 15, 2018, 08:55:48 PM »
Hey everybody who is still here in TGC2 I have just published a rustic 8,061 yard 18 hole course called The Links of Beckon Ridge. I find it very appealing, nice and somewhat challenging to play for older dudes like myself and my wife. We are still using the standard clubs and can break par on occasion when there is no wind. Oh oh, it is now published and along comes the wind. That should be very interesting indeed. The course uses most of the designer canvas and goes through some interesting elevation changes throwing in a Kapalua 18th hole style descent from up on Beckon Ridge.
I will be porting the course over to TGC2019 very soon and publishing there also. I love my PS4 and the game in TGC2. We really are not blown away by the new version in 2019 and would love to stay and play in TGC2. Is there anyone still out there with similar interests?
It is gonna be hard to get people to play this course here. It would be much appreciated and any feedback would be of great assistance I am sure. I do not know where to properly advertise my courses but I do know I am not impressed with TPC Scottsdale  in 2019 as an official course. Quite honestly I would sooner play what I have designed. But burp, fart, cough and the world goes on. Thanks to all those who have played my courses in the past.
A few snaps of some holes below as best as I am able to take at this time.
slick60
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:06:56 PM by slick60 »
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Deerhurst Highlands GCRCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
The Links of Beckon Ridge
Wardsville Golf Club
Wardsvile's Theodore 9 hole

Icyken

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 03:24:50 AM »
As I'm in the designer often in gc2
thought I'd give it a go , really enjoyed
my round , love your bunker work , but when
ported over to 2019 they won't look as good
as HB have taken the shadows away in most
themes , seems more important to have a five
o'clock shadow on the golfer now !
You should have stated that the yardage starts at
6,947, so not to scare anyone away.
        Definitely recommended folks if in gc2.
Remember pressing the triangle button will not
speed the ball up , as I was doing the entire round.
                  Cheers Icyken... 8)
COURSES.....

Mink Hollow Golf club
 Hermit of Mink Hollow
 Machrihan Dunes, 2019
 Celtic Isles...CGC.
 Helensburgh Golf club
 The Fruin
 Prestwick, Golf club
 Craigendoran Links

slick60

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 10:35:46 AM »
Thanks for the response Icyken. Appreciate that. I mentioned playing the course with standard clubs so as to indicate to everyone out there that the course is quite playable.  BUT you are right I should have put more yardages down. My design work is to appeal to all golfers at all skill levels and to make the course look as real as possible. I hope I achieve that as far as the software will allow. I ported the course over to TGC2019 this morning and found a number of things get changed. My car parks at the clubhouse are now raised out of the pavement and cannot get them flat.
Did you notice the power station down the road from the clubhouse? What did you think of it?
Thanks again for the play and comments.

slick60
Courses:
Devil's Pulpit RCR
Deerhurst Highlands GCRCR
Wardsville Falls G.C.
The Links of Beckon Ridge
Wardsville Golf Club
Wardsvile's Theodore 9 hole

space-cash