Losing Connection

• 19 Replies

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 11:47:45 AM »
This issue on PC was a 100% every user having an issue type thing.  I see occasional mentions on the XBox and PS4 but it definitely does not seem to be widespread or 100% like this PC issue was recently.  There are times when it has been the Xbox or PS server, but the devs have been able to investigate it to solve the issue.

Wired connections are always going to be more reliable than wireless.  Plus firewalls can always make things more difficult. 

Loftyando

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 11:57:46 PM »
Mine just started doing this today (PC), won't even bring up and societies or the PGA Tour career, says to reconnect on the main menu, does that straight away but try to go back into Societies or PGA, spins its wheels and repeats.  Internet is fine and connection is solid, have removed the Game and reinstalled, no go and does the same thing (See attachment).

Got this message too. When you uninstalled and reinstalled did it keep your game saves and courses?
I have tweeted hb about this and as usuall there is silence.

I was having approximately 5 to 6 disconnects per round. It was very frustrating during the recent Q school on TGCTours.
So I recently uninstalled and reinstalled this game on my ps4 due to the constant connection issues.
I also own this game on PC and have alot of disconnections so I will be uninstalling/reinstalling on it as well.
I played my last 2 rounds of current TGCTours event and didn't have one connection issue.
I can confirm that my clothing, clubs, societies, level and coins were all still correct and saved.
I can't provide you with information about courses. I'm guessing you mean courses that you have designed.

Andrew Hobson

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 08:10:57 PM »
Mine just started doing this today (PC), won't even bring up and societies or the PGA Tour career, says to reconnect on the main menu, does that straight away but try to go back into Societies or PGA, spins its wheels and repeats.  Internet is fine and connection is solid, have removed the Game and reinstalled, no go and does the same thing (See attachment).

Got this message too. When you uninstalled and reinstalled did it keep your game saves and courses?
I have tweeted hb about this and as usuall there is silence.

I was having approximately 5 to 6 disconnects per round. It was very frustrating during the recent Q school on TGCTours.
So I recently uninstalled and reinstalled this game on my ps4 due to the constant connection issues.
I also own this game on PC and have alot of disconnections so I will be uninstalling/reinstalling on it as well.
I played my last 2 rounds of current TGCTours event and didn't have one connection issue.
I can confirm that my clothing, clubs, societies, level and coins were all still correct and saved.
I can't provide you with information about courses. I'm guessing you mean courses that you have designed.
Yeah. I figure the ones already published should be ok because they will be on the course database. Just the one under construction I'm worried about. Dont want to lose the work I've put into it. Will probably finish it off first then try the uninstall/reinstall thing.

gtgud

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2018, 01:49:59 AM »
I was booted from a round a few times today. I've gotten booted irregularly, but consistent enough to notice that - when I have been kicked back to the menu and prompted to reconnect - I've never actually encountered any background internet issues.

It also seems like I get booted disproportionately when I leave the game idle for a few minutes.

It's not happening quite enough to be a huge issue, but people should never get booted unless their internet actually drops.

Which indicates that something is up with the server.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:54:12 AM by gtgud »

neilwilkes

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2018, 01:04:31 PM »
There was an issue on PC.  The devs identified it and PC should be good to go.
What about Xbox and ps4 users? Guess you're not bothered about us eh!

This was a PC specific issue so it wouldn't have had any effect on Xbox or PS4.

And yet just about every single time I try a private match, this happens.
Today it has happened so often we have actually given up even trying. It has been a problem since TGC2, and is even worse now in TGC2019.

space-cash