Club Only Wrong Club?

• 8 Replies

gtgud

« on: October 21, 2018, 08:05:16 PM »
The Club Only option is oftentimes placing the 9-Iron or 8-Iron in the players hands, from less than 100 yards out.

I don't know what the cause of this, but it's really annoying to have to club down 3 or 4 clubs, just because the game can't seem to start out with the nearest club to the target.

frankjfusa

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 08:17:41 AM »
Club Only is just that, and you would be expected to cycle through to a pitch shot. Club and Shot type would cure it.

Martbloke

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »
Yep exactly that. With Club only, the game knows the shot you should play like you'd get with Club & Shot option but defaults the shot type to normal. It may look like it's over-clubbing you for short shots, but it's expecting you to select pitch or chip with that club.

gtgud

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 02:43:28 PM »
Yep exactly that. With Club only, the game knows the shot you should play like you'd get with Club & Shot option but defaults the shot type to normal. It may look like it's over-clubbing you for short shots, but it's expecting you to select pitch or chip with that club.

If I wanted the caddie to predict shot types, I would choose the other option, naturally.

I want Club Only to give the nearest club to the target. Is that unreasonable?

Or, is it not more unreasonable, to set a player up with a 9-Iron, from 80 yards out, so that they will then have to club down, 3 or 4 clubs, just in order to get to the nearest club?

Perhaps, another option needs to be added: "Nearest Club Only."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:35:15 PM by gtgud »

Sparky69

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 06:09:50 PM »

If I wanted the caddie to predict shot types, I would choose the other option, naturally.

Or, is it not more unreasonable, to set a player up with a 9-Iron, from 80 yards out, so that they will then have to club down, 3 or 4 clubs, just in order to get to the nearest club?

Nope, not unreasonable. But it doesn't really matter what you want. That is the way it works.

Pretty much the same as giving you the lob wedge that goes a 100 + yards and you have to loft the crap out of it and/or change the shot type and club anyways.

That is the best part. You get to make a choice. You get to pick the club and shot type that you want.

Maybe they should have an option for "No Club/Shot Caddie", then you could sort through your whole bag trying to find the right club.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 06:21:02 PM »
Definitely needs to be addressed.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Martbloke

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 07:14:45 PM »

So essentially you are saying that anything that is within pitch distance e.g. under 90 yards, it gives you the LW only (or shortest club you have in you bag aside the putter)? That's fair I guess and actually I like that over what we have now.

gtgud

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 07:20:52 PM »
So essentially you are saying that anything that is within pitch distance e.g. under 90 yards, it gives you the LW only (or shortest club you have in you bag aside the putter)? That's fair I guess and actually I like that over what we have now.

Exactly. That's the reason I chose that option, because I don't want the game choosing a Pitch for me. The only reason for the game to give a 9-Iron, from 80 yards away, is if the game still wants me to choose the Pitch shot. As it is, it is highly inconveniencing, to have to club down 3 or 4 times, just in order to hit the nearest club, instead.

It's also annoying when zooming to target. I don't want to zoom into the woods, or OB areas. The game should be smarter than that.

Martbloke

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 07:27:03 PM »

Exactly. That's the reason I chose that option, because I don't want the game choosing a Pitch for me. The only reason for the game to give a 9-Iron, from 80 yards away, is if the game still wants me to choose the Pitch shot. As it is, it is highly inconveniencing, to have to club down 3 or 4 times, just in order to hit the nearest club, instead.

It's also annoying when zooming to target. I don't want to zoom into the woods, or OB areas. The game should be smarter than that.

Yep I now totally agree 👍 HB, another fix to add to your list.

space-cash