Because of my frustration over matchmaking

• 15 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: October 24, 2018, 01:38:08 PM »
I've actually have become a bit put off...  I get it,  many of you have TGCtours and that is why you play..  I mean, it makes sense, TGCtours is great if you like competition or fairness. 

There is a faction of of us whom love playing with friends and that is really what pulls or sucks us in for the most part.  I applaud HB on the steps they've taken with live multiplayer but I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm still not satisfied like I am with other multiplayer games because of it's fundamental failure in fairness.

Bottom line,  the private match feature is awesome,  but most of the time I have found that either there is no one on to do a private match with when I can play, or I just don't want to be social at that particular time.

This leaves us with matchmaking-  I have to hand it to HB,  it's a great quick way to get in a game for the most part but that is where the fun ends quite honestly because most of the time as Master Club user I get paired with someone whom is as good as BLUEORF or DOYLEY using the easier clubs that not only give them a distance advantage but also more favorable outcomes.  Now don't get me wrong,  I'm not accusing blue or doyley of doing this,  I'm using them as examples because they're really good players. 

My beef here is I feel like the whole setup is a waste of my time because of a lack of a lobby where I can have many quick options for a game that is suitable for my skill level and club choice. 

The reason I'm bringing this up again is because I do believe it's important for HB to understand that many of us are souring on the game just based on this matchmaking situation.  Once frustration sets in, there is a real damning effect on the enjoyment of the game overall.

I guess you could say,  that even though I still think it's one of the best games I've ever played, it's suffering from the flu which makes me want to stay away.  Heres to hoping that HB is listening..
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 02:11:03 PM »
You cant really mention Doyley and Blueorfe in the same sentence when it comes to playing prowess. One is OK and the other the GOAT of TGCTours....

That said, did you really think HB would get live multiplayer right?

FRSTDWN

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 02:17:20 PM »
LMAO yea one is not the same as the other.

There are a couple of us who warned them that using different tees would be a problem.

Plus it is six courses set for 9 holes on the same settings over and over again. 9 holes is ok if you want to play it but 18 is where a true match is won or lost. Private matches are the only option IMOP. I am glad I have a long friends list to get games with.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 03:23:11 PM »
You cant really mention Doyley and Blueorfe in the same sentence when it comes to playing prowess. One is OK and the other the GOAT of TGCTours....

In my defense I don't play on tgctours or know whom is good or bad..  I do know however that at one point Doyley was one of the best and I certainly know from playing blueorf's ghost how good he is..   So sorry for bad analogy or comparison..     I actually have a nice friend list set up as well,  but sometimes I don't want to be social in terms of having to feel like I have to enter conversation... 
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 04:14:28 PM »

In my defense I don't play on tgctours or know whom is good or bad..  I do know however that at one point Doyley was one of the best and I certainly know from playing blueorf's ghost how good he is..   So sorry for bad analogy or comparison..     I actually have a nice friend list set up as well,  but sometimes I don't want to be social in terms of having to feel like I have to enter conversation...

Absolutely.

Doyley and the other TGCTours guys have done more for this game than anyone, Thats for sure.

bob5453

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 04:51:07 PM »
TGC3 is just plain damn silly without a lobby. I would keep going, but then my post would just be deleted.  ::)
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 05:50:38 PM »
I have a feeling they will fix it, but in true HB fashion that will not let us know just in case they can't get it to work how they want it.

I think they reason for my post more than anything was to let HB know that I'm sure they realize that this matchmaking situation and a lack of response from them is actually souring some people on the game all together.  It seems like they made a very obvious mistake on how the pitted us together or lack of understanding that many of us like to play fair but be evenly challenged.  One of the things that attracted me to TGC in the first place was the fact that we all used the same clubs and only skill set us apart.  With how they have matchmaking setup right now,  it totally goes against what this game was built on so it almost cancels out the coolness of having matchmaking added.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

FRSTDWN

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 07:33:00 PM »
I agree thier lack of response on this is not helping their cause.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 01:47:10 AM »

I agree, Blueorfe is just OK.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 07:19:55 AM »

:-)

FRSTDWN

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »
Lol..

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jeffbdvs

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 08:29:03 PM »

Best laugh of the day! :-)
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

Coda1850

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 04:45:51 PM »
I don't play the game anymore because of all the things listed.  Think it's been 2 months?  or so since I've played a round. 
TGC2019 is a drive in the middle of the fairway but triple bogey is the score walking off the hole. 

All 'cause they got the MP wrong.
Golf Golf Golf
Hole in 1 count: 3

Holmes108

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 09:12:13 AM »
I don't play the game anymore because of all the things listed.  Think it's been 2 months?  or so since I've played a round. 
TGC2019 is a drive in the middle of the fairway but triple bogey is the score walking off the hole. 

Didn't the game come out just 2 months and a couple days ago?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 09:18:35 AM »

Didn't the game come out just 2 months and a couple days ago?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
I think some of you are missing the point! you can read on these forums all day long people wanting Society fixes red in the face and hot and bothered!
What about the people that actually just want a quick live game that is fair?  Here's what's up, they can't get it!  that should tell you all you need to know.  Sure, they can use Baby clubs instead of their Master Club's to circumvent the cheesers, but they shouldn't have to.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

space-cash