Online swing animations and shot types incorrect

• 8 Replies

ChuckClams

• 10/17 Lest we remember.
« on: October 26, 2018, 04:53:59 PM »
So last night I was playing a round with my buddy, we were playing turn based stroke play in a private match using headsets, and we noticed that we weren't seeing the correct shot types displayed while watching each others' shots. Not only that, but there were times where the shot type was correct, but the shot animation displayed was for a different type of shot entirely.

I watched my buddy's avatar make a full swing animation on a chip shot, saw a chip swing animation on a full flop shot, saw pitch swing animations on full swing shots from outside pitch range, etc... He reported the same thing, saw me take the club up to my ears on a 6 yard chip shot, saw a chip swing on a flop shot I hit out of a bunker...

Granted, it was humorous and we had many good laughs about it, but yeah, it's a bug so I'm reporting it.

We both agreed, this game has more bugs than Klendathu.

O Cannabis, our home and native plant...

gtgud

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 05:25:44 PM »
So last night I was playing a round with my buddy, we were playing turn based stroke play in a private match using headsets, and we noticed that we weren't seeing the correct shot types displayed while watching each others' shots. Not only that, but there were times where the shot type was correct, but the shot animation displayed was for a different type of shot entirely.

I watched my buddy's avatar make a full swing animation on a chip shot, saw a chip swing animation on a full flop shot, saw pitch swing animations on full swing shots from outside pitch range, etc... He reported the same thing, saw me take the club up to my ears on a 6 yard chip shot, saw a chip swing on a flop shot I hit out of a bunker...

Granted, it was humorous and we had many good laughs about it, but yeah, it's a bug so I'm reporting it.

We both agreed, this game has more bugs than Klendathu.

There's a known bug that, if one of the players adjusts their in-game caddie setting, it affects the visual equipment output for all of the other players.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 02:09:00 PM »
I am seeing the issue with opponents hitting driver and  putter even when I have it set to club only.

Not to mention club only gives you the wrong club half the time.

You guys need to sort this out.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

gtgud

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 02:20:02 PM »
I am seeing the issue with opponents hitting driver and  putter even when I have it set to club only.

Yes, I can confirm that the club displayed is still wrong, with club only, particularly when playing against ghost rounds; even ghosts generated after the latest update.

The slight improvement (with club only) is that it usually gets the club type close enough. Like it might show a 3-Wood, when the player actually hit Driver. But, it's still showing a Wood category club. Similarly, it will show an iron or a wedge, when that club type was chosen... but not necessarily the correct club. (which is still unacceptable)

Displaying the correct clubs in multiplayer seems like a very basic thing to get right before releasing a golf game.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 02:23:29 PM by gtgud »

FRSTDWN

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 02:27:33 PM »
It is a mess.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 03:53:07 PM »

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

ChuckClams

• 10/17 Lest we remember.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 04:26:18 PM »
Another video!!

https://xboxclips.com/FRSTDWN/bc3ca76e-bf15-46bd-be8d-3e3c0aca3653

LOL! There's a lot of loft on that putter right there.  ;D

Exactly what we were seeing on PS4.
O Cannabis, our home and native plant...

frankjfusa

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 07:55:01 AM »

it's giving you the closest or best club for the yardage. It's not taking wind or green firmness into account, fairway firmness for that matter. As for the other thing, it helps in live play if all have the club selection enabled.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 10:37:06 PM »
In that video I have club selection to club only. I used to play with it off but went to club only so this glitch would not happen. Now I see it with it on .

With club only it gives you 3 woods , hybrids off the tee when it makes no sense. It gives you a 9 iron when you are under a 100 yards out.

No matter what you pick minus off in local play it is broken. Period.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:40:31 PM by FRSTDWN »

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP