mouse players dead in the water

• 12 Replies

Randy

« on: November 03, 2018, 05:03:44 PM »
It seems like HB is/was just like Tiger woods golf game, they dropped the ball on us, Im seeing the future as no more PC for this golf game , they sucked all of us in an now there sucking us off with all the money they robbed us of, with out the pleasure of  any enjoyment of it, SAD,...I know I shoulda put this under the mouse issues but I wanted to voice my own opinion an it be seen, this game is so broken in the mouse aspect it isan;t even funny, an most everyone is saying work on it an practice an you can be as good as what 3 other people i know that are, I have tryed the mouse an there is no possible way i can fix it an from what ive read there have been alot of ppl having the same issue as i am..HB could care less bout us PC players an we all have to come to  grips with it...

TY HB for having us for 3 years of total aggravation, well 2 sry

CYA @ perfect golf in a year.

Randy

Molrub

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 11:46:46 PM »
And this is the aggravation caused by lack of communication from HB regarding mouse users apart from changing your mouse sensitivity settings which do absolutely nothing.

Randy

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 04:17:05 AM »
well then you have a very well ran tour called the TGC that says you can play on there tour but for crist sakes you can't hit the ball str8.....im like WHAT YOU SAYING WILLIS hell dude i can't even hit the dam ball let alone worrying bout hitting that dam thing str8

Can you amagine the tour saying tiger woods don't you hit the ball str8 today or were pulling your score, Has anyone ever heard of that being said, just blows my mine, an ppl say why do you drink, gezz cause im trying to fix stupid>? I don't know

wim1234

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 07:37:31 AM »
just use a controller then its very doable.

Molrub

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 11:31:58 AM »
just use a controller then its very doable.

Sorry but there are many of us who have physical disabilities which makes it impossible to use a controller so it is not the answer

Randy

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 05:15:18 PM »
everyone thinks were all able to do everything that everybody can.....gota think outa of the box.... nobody gives a rats ass if you can do this or that they just think bout them selves...very sad

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 06:31:59 PM »
The worst part of this for me is, before the game was released HB put out a couple teaser videos.  In these videos, anytime you got a glimpse of a dev playing the game they always had a controller in their hand.  The only mouse you saw in the videos was a quick glimpse of an unused mouse, sitting on a table, way off in the distance.  So I wrote HB to express my concerns.  I pointed out to them exactly what I just said here.  I then pointed out how the controller support got extensively tweaked and tested in TGC2 when the mouse support got NONE!  Because all we see in these videos for TGC 2019 is devs all using controllers, and not one using a mouse, I was concerned the mouse support was once again going to be ignored!  HB responded with "Actually, a few of the devs have been using the mouse lately.  Each of their scores have improved by several strokes per round since using the mouse to play so it was not going to be ignored."

Well, as many would agree, it appears that is exactly what happened!  The mouse was not optimized for this game ONCE AGAIN!  I have a ton of hours myself playing TGC and another ton of hours playing TGC2 and now I have a ton of hours playing TGC 2019.  I know my swing better than anyone!  I can't get the mouse swing even remotely close to usable in this game!  I know I am not alone in this finding!  The mouse support is jacked up in TGC 2019!  I believe HB flat out lied about the mouse working so good in TGC 2019 that several devs scores have dropped several strokes per round once they switched to using the mouse!  Even in the newest Swing Tutorial videos just put out August 31st 2018  http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,24983.0.html they are using a controller!  Not a single reference of a mouse as if EVERYONE uses a controller!  He says again and again "stick swing" this and "stick swing" that!  That is because they know the mouse doesn't work worth a bag of beans!

Anyway, for me the worst thing is HB lied to me once again about how the game worked so good with a mouse just to steal my money!  Now I know some will disagree with my opinion here and that is fine.  You are entitled to your opinion just as I am entitled to mine! 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:41:52 PM by Hugh Jass Koda »
My Course:   White Mountains Country Club

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 08:16:54 PM »
everyone thinks were all able to do everything that everybody can.....gota think outa of the box.... nobody gives a rats ass if you can do this or that they just think bout them selves...very sad

Is this another tee2greens account dude?  Got a lot of 'insightful' opinions for a person with only 16 posts.

When it comes to HB, I'm not exactly sure what their testing process with the mouse was.  Part of me thinks there was no way they could create a mouse swing without extensively testing it but there is also a big part of me that feels the people that did test it, did so with the controller swing in mind.  The reason I say this is because most people who are playing well with the mouse are using a swing that is pretty much a controller swing.  Gone are the days you can pull back 3 inches and push forward 3 1/2 inches in a natural feeling swing.  It is obvious that the people that did test the swing missed a lot of simple things that us mouse users could have told them about.

Mouse sensitivity has only one purpose and that is to slow or speed up the actual swing.  Unlike changing the DPI which will effect the mouse in all aspects of Windows, the mouse sensitivity setting only effects the mouse when it comes to the mouse swing.  It was put in because people who use a mouse using a DPI of 3000, would never be able to make a perfect tempo swing with that DPI.  So instead of making the users change their DPI to just play the game, HB put in Mouse sensitivity which acts as a DPI switch only within the game, thus allowing people to keep their DPI settings while being able to lower the sensitivity and play the game.

Other than this, it has no other effect on the game.  HB suggesting people change the setting is perfectly understandable as most mouse users with modern computers will be using a DPI higher than 800-1000 DPI which is what HB considers ideal for mouse play.

Concerning the communication or lack thereof, I have to sadly agree with this.  I was told by Craig that if I wanted to discuss the mouse swing I had to do it within the confines of the forums and not through private emails.  He wanted to hear what people thought of the swing because he hadn't really seen much complaints, so I created a poll and it only showed about 14% of people were having no issues with the swing. More disturbing was that over 60% had either given up using the mouse or felt they couldn't play well with the mouse using any club set. 

Since that poll closed three weeks ago tomorrow, nothing from HB.  I would have thought that HB might at the very least start a new poll to see how people were doing after a few more weeks playing the game or maybe make some other public inquiries.  Nope, nothing.  When HB first started with TGC 1, there was far more communication with the community.  Now the only time it seems they talk with us is when something broke that is keeping the majority of its player base from playing the game properly, they are advertising something like being able to buy coins or chastising someone for posting something wrong in the forums.  I'm afraid the HB community has gotten too big for HB to be able to have honest communications with us users.  This makes me sad as I miss the weekly podcasts and game playing by people like Anthony who took the time to engage with the community.

surdoux

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 06:24:43 AM »
I only drop in here every day or so in the forlorn hope that there may be some update, or god forbid, some actual action, on the mouse swing.  I've stopped playing.  From a situation where I played for several hours every day on TGC2, to zero on 2019, I'm disappointed, disheartened and sad - not just for myself - but for other mouse users, and indeed, HB, who seem to have lost their connection with their customers (soon to be ex customers).  I'm not bothered about the money 'lost' on this game, I  had excellent value from TGC2, which compensates financially, it's more the disdain that HB seem to hold us in that rankles.  Sad, so very sad.

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 12:07:59 PM »
I am constantly practicing with mouse and settings trying to find the correct balance for me.  I can get a perfect/fast and rarely a p/p swing after messing around with it for what it seems like ages now for me.  Here is the thing, it is way too much work for me personally. The mouse swing was so fluent in tgc2 ( I never paused much at the top of swing then btw). Now the movement is more about drawing the fingers ever so slightly to control the swing not pulling back with hand and pushing forward in the same motion which in my opinion gave me the feeling of actually swinging a club. I do keep trying with hopes I might begin to enjoy the mouse swing and get to that perfect tempo because I would prefer to use mouse, but I think at this point it will never happen. I do keep asking those mouse players what DPI and in game setting they are using and none have actually helped me so kudos to those who have mastered the swing, and the help was appreciated, but I have chosen to go to controller and I am actually starting to enjoy the game once again. Even tho I have some crazy tempo swings, I am getting them somewhat under control.  Each one has their advantages and disadvantages and it is about deciding which one you want to stick with and just keep on trying until you get it right.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 12:10:10 PM by Inflames47 »

DDawg Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »
I'd like to see a video of just "ONE" dev, any dev, playing a complete round of 18 holes, using a mouse. Then backing it up with configuration settings and mouse type used.

But, I suspect this will never happen.
2019 Courses:
Mein-Notchurs Golf Club
HoLee PhuCyn Golf Club
El Dorado Hills Golf Club
Stanislaus County Country Club
Hylandia Falls Golf Links
Calaveras Oaks Golf Links
Windsong Shores Golf Sanitarium

Coming Soon:
East Hampton Country Club

Inflames47

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 01:29:58 PM »
I'd like to see a video of just "ONE" dev, any dev, playing a complete round of 18 holes, using a mouse. Then backing it up with configuration settings and mouse type used.

But, I suspect this will never happen.

Agree with you.. it will never happen  it is really a dead subject which goes round and round and gets no where.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 03:30:36 PM »
Don't give up hope.

space-cash