How many "X" owners would like Quality/Performance options"?

• 4 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: November 08, 2018, 05:02:34 PM »
I'm curious as to how many XBox One X owners would like to have a four tiered graphics option suite like Elite Dangerous has?  Elite Dangerous offers: Quality/4K, Performance/4K, Quality/1080p, and Performance/1080p.  I play Elite Dangerous in Performance/4K, which gets rid of frame rate choppiness near planet surfaces, without a big sacrifice in graphics quality.

I'd like to which option I would choose with TGC 2019, if we they were all available to us there.  The more I play the game, the more I realize the fact that I'm missing the 55 to 65 FPS performance I was getting on the PC version during the stress test beta.  I was able to set my PC back to ~1320p, to wind up with 60 FPS there.

I'd like to for once see what TGC would feel like on a console actually running at 60 FPS.  That probably wouldn't happen unless it was running at Performance/1080p, based on what I can gauge, but it would be cool to have that option.  Playing the game on my standard XBox One on a 1080p display, I can see that the Speed Trees suffer a considerably amount of detail that I find in the 4K XBox One X version.  I probably wouldn't want to give up that much quality simply for the sake of 60 FPS.

Would a Quality/1080p option yield something like 45 - 50 FPS?  That might be the ticket there... as a tinkerer, I could entertain myself for hours on end with something like this  8)
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 07:55:52 PM »
Since the Xbox One X is a mid range computer I don't understand why we can have the same graphic/performance options available as there are on many PC games.

I'd go for performance over graphic quality for competitive play (Society) and graphic quality over performance for playing new courses by myself.

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 07:43:09 AM »
Since the Xbox One X is a mid range computer I don't understand why we can have the same graphic/performance options available as there are on many PC games.

I'd go for performance over graphic quality for competitive play (Society) and graphic quality over performance for playing new courses by myself.

I can see the benefit of that approach.  It would be cool to have the four basic options just to see which one fit the particular need or desire at the time.  I know I'd have trouble tolerating the mid range to distant Speed Trees at Performance/1080p, after seeing how good they look at what would amount to 4K/Quality.

They make these options so easy to select and change in Elite: Dangerous, i don't see any reason it couldn't be changed just as easily in TGC 2019.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 07:45:40 PM by jcauthen04 »
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 07:24:27 PM »
We don't even know if we have true HDR lol.

Honestly I don't know what performance mode would do for this game.  If we had options I would pick graphics over performance. One being I have paid a lot if money to experience 4K . Two being how much better would the game run on performance mode? Probably not much better.

Interestingly PUBG is just about to come out with these options. I actually stopped playing for multiple reasons including time but one of them was how ****ty the game looks now. It looked better when the preview first came out. They have dumbed it down so much so the original Xbox can hang with the X in live play. So be interesting to see what a huge game like PUBG does with the X and options.
XB1 X
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2109 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »
We don't even know if we have true HDR lol.

I'm sure if we had full blown HDR we'd see the HDR emblem at the start of the game.  TGC 2019 seems to be a little broader in the HDR realm than TGC 2, but apparently not enough to carry the title as such.

Honestly I don't know what performance mode would do for this game.  If we had options I would pick graphics over performance. One being I have paid a lot if money to experience 4K . Two being how much better would the game run on performance mode? Probably not much better.

I honestly can't say which mode I'd pick.  If I could avoid the current 4 to 6, perfect/very fast tempo swings I get per round using a more performance oriented mode, I'd probably go with it.  If I had to drop all the way back to performance/1080p to achieve that, I doubt I would.  I think the Speed Trees look decidedly unremarkable on the stock XBox One at 1080p, and couldn't go back to playing the game with that look, having experienced Speed Trees at 4K.

Interestingly PUBG is just about to come out with these options. I actually stopped playing for multiple reasons including time but one of them was how ****ty the game looks now. It looked better when the preview first came out. They have dumbed it down so much so the original Xbox can hang with the X in live play. So be interesting to see what a huge game like PUBG does with the X and options.

I sucked so badly at playing PUBG that I never really got into evaluating the graphics/performance equation with it.  I should have downloaded it when it was free a couple of weeks back and tried it again.  I know I wasn't terribly impressed with the look of it when I did try it out earlier, but I never lasted longer than a minute before getting killed and having to recycle.  I'll be interested in reading your reactions to these new options. 8)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash