Actual time for time of day settings

• 4 Replies

flyinjoe13

« on: November 12, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »
Anyone know what actual time corresponds to all of the time of day settings in the game? 

Thanks...

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:08:07 PM »
Depends on too many factors.  Would be different depending on your latitude and position within timezones as well as time of year, whether daylight savings was on or off, etc. 

flyinjoe13

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 10:09:39 PM »
So if I am understanding you correctly, if I choose to play a round and choose Dawn as my Time of Day, the game actually simulates a different time depending on certain factors?  That's actually a pretty cool feature if it's true.  I just thought Dawn meant something like 7:00am, Morning was 9:00am and so on and I was looking for those times.

Thanks for the heads up on that one.

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 11:34:50 PM »
No, I'm just saying that it wouldn't make sense for them to say a certain setting is 7AM. 

Say your course is pretending it's in Chicago for example.  7am in December is almost pitch black, but in June, there have already been 2 hrs of daylight. 

So, to fix a setting to a time, the game would have to know all sorts of variables that it doesn't have. 

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 03:36:07 PM »
In the designer, the time of day lighting setting is expressed as a time, ranging from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.   It would be nice to know what the discrete values are when changing the course conditions.

That way, if I wanted several usable settings, I have them available.  If Morning is 9:00, I could set the default time of day to 10:30 and have four usable Time-of-day settings:

9:00, 10:30 (default), noon, and 3:00

As a tournament admin that would ensure the course had a different look each round without using Dawn or Dusk settings which run the risk of being way too dark.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

space-cash