RIP Tim Scott (DivotMaker)

• 29 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018, 05:57:03 AM »
This really should be on the main page in honor of Tim. He is due better than the off topic section.

Good idea... Keith, would it be fitting to move this to the main page?
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 06:04:59 AM »
Thanks for posting this John, although saddened to hear he's lost his battle, I too knew something wasn't right these past couple of weeks. I'd mssg'd him a couple of weeks ago since he hadn't been posting just to let him know he was in my thoughts & encourage him to keep up the fight!
He'd mentioned his last hospital stint was as tough as it's been. That was the last I'd heard from him.

I like others here & around our golf communities didn't know Tim personally but sure felt like I did just from the little interaction on occasion in these forums! An all around straight up Gent imo!

My heart goes out to his family & particularly his closest & best friend, wife Karen!

Rest in peace my friend, you will me missed & yet surely not forgotten!

I should have mentioned MERACE (Mark Ranich) for doing the investigative work that lead to the discovery of the news.  Mark PM'd me about it and linked the obituary.  We all play in a small society over the last two years called "Digital Sports Page", stemming from a webzine that later became strictly a sports gaming forum dating back to 1998.  My first exposure to Tim was in the Digital Sports Page forum back in '98.  He was ripping me for an unfavorable review I'd written for Digital Sports Page on Tiger Woods 98 :)  The discussion lead to an understanding between us as we were both able to eventually see each other's points and understood why we were seeing it differently.

Tim did have a great family life and I admired him for it.  He enjoyed his ride on this earth  :)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Lancers

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 07:51:15 AM »
Sad news. I only knew the guy from here and Operation Sports. All the best to the family. RIP Tim.

Ronald Duck

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2018, 09:00:16 AM »
For sure, Tim was a bigger-than-life presence on golf sim boards for close to two decades.  He was instrumental in getting me to become a beta tester for the 2002 and 2003 versions of EA's TW game...great fun for me.   I will have good memories of him.

jeffbdvs

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2018, 02:04:47 PM »
RIP Tim.

All the best to his family and friends.
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

bigtee

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 08:25:34 AM »
I never knew Tim had serious health issues. Sad news. He was a fine poster. I respect his contribution. He brought people into conversations by quoting often, and engaged in alot of debates. He will be missed around here.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018, 12:14:21 PM »
I'm still feeling this and very sad..  Tim and his family are in my prayers. He was about as passionate as anyone I've ever seen in regards to the progression of video golf.  I have fond memories of him and I going back and forth on the perfect golf thread.  I know we didn't always get along,  and I know I irritated him,  but hopefully he can look down and forgive me and know that it was all in good fun.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2018, 02:26:14 PM »
I'm still feeling this and very sad..  Tim and his family are in my prayers. He was about as passionate as anyone I've ever seen in regards to the progression of video golf.  I have fond memories of him and I going back and forth on the perfect golf thread. 

I'm still feeling it also and it's truly sad.  He was very passionate about video and computer golf games and he brought a lot of energy into the mix... energy that kept lively debates, discussion, and interest alive.  I went back and forth with him as well, but I understood that he didn't intend for any disagreements to become personal.

I know we didn't always get along,  and I know I irritated him,

You didn't irritate him, you intrigued him... he continued responding to you because he respected and appreciated your interaction.  If he didn't, he would have just ignored you.

but hopefully he can look down and forgive me and know that it was all in good fun.

In ways we can't understand, I'm sure he can, he does, and he indeed knows now even more so than when he was still in this realm that it was all in good fun 8) 

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:29:12 PM by jcauthen04 »
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »
I was playing TGC last night and I got little emotional. Really going to miss Tim. Seeing his name on my friends list really hurts.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2018, 04:46:55 PM »
I was playing TGC last night and I got little emotional. Really going to miss Tim. Seeing his name on my friends list really hurts.

Same here... I was setting up a tournament in the Digital Sports Page Society in which Tim played regularly, and I wound up on the title page for the last tournament which Tim won in our Society.  His TGC 2019 avatar portrait was naturally displayed on the final leaderboard and I had flashbacks...
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

stan_solo

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2018, 04:55:22 PM »
Just logged on and saw this ..

Firstly shocked and then overwhelmed with sadness

I've corresponded with him for a few years on here and struck up a good rapport with him
Always on hand to offer advice on many topics

He loved life and his golf

Will be missed by family, friends and the community ...

Nice knowing you pal  .

jeffbdvs

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2018, 05:30:30 PM »
In ways we can't understand, I'm sure he can, he does, and he indeed knows now even more so than when he was still in this realm that it was all in good fun 8)

Amen. Well-said, JC. Thanks.
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

Gasman

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2018, 03:07:56 PM »
Very sad news & my condolences to all who are part of Tim's immediate & extended family and friends.
I have just read Tim's obituary (Thanks for the link JC) & can see his passing will affect many.
Always respected Tim's blunt but polite forum replies on all shared conversations.

RIP Tim.

BusDriver555

• The Nike BOB (Black One Black)
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2019, 05:12:34 PM »
Wow, I have just discovered this news.  This is SO sad.  I have felt like I have known him for year.  Way back to the old versions of Tiger on EA.  As so many have mentioned, he was so passionate about the Tiger series and this one.  I am sure he's playing in Heaven and having a great time.  We will sure miss his posts -- that is for sure.  :-(

-Bus
Creator of:
* Napa Valley Club & Lodge
* The Medalist Club Lake Tahoe

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2019, 01:04:15 PM »
Wow, I have just discovered this news.  This is SO sad.  I have felt like I have known him for year.  Way back to the old versions of Tiger on EA.  As so many have mentioned, he was so passionate about the Tiger series and this one.  I am sure he's playing in Heaven and having a great time.  We will sure miss his posts -- that is for sure.  :-(

-Bus

Yep Bus... things haven't been the same without Tim in the mix around here.  His passion for golf games always led to some great discussion  :) 
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash