Constant crashing on PS4

• 17 Replies

neilwilkes

« on: November 18, 2018, 01:01:37 PM »
This is starting to get well beyond tedious and into the area of really seriously p***ing me off.
So far today a friend in the US and my self have been trying to play a private match, and the first time it Bluescreened after 2 holes at his end, then again after 5 holes.
The final straw was the old favourite "xyz has left the in-game party" followed by "you are the new in game leader" after which it is always impossible to reconnect as all you ever get is "an unexpected error has occurred".
This has actually got much worse since the patch and the recent PS4 software update and it needs sorting out please as it is now always only a 50-50 chance any match will get completed without a crash. Please guys - DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!

jeffbdvs

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 02:00:15 PM »
This is starting to get well beyond tedious and into the area of really seriously p***ing me off.
So far today a friend in the US and my self have been trying to play a private match, and the first time it Bluescreened after 2 holes at his end, then again after 5 holes.
The final straw was the old favourite "xyz has left the in-game party" followed by "you are the new in game leader" after which it is always impossible to reconnect as all you ever get is "an unexpected error has occurred".
This has actually got much worse since the patch and the recent PS4 software update and it needs sorting out please as it is now always only a 50-50 chance any match will get completed without a crash. Please guys - DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!
^^^^
This.
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 03:49:42 PM »
I can imagine that this would be extremely frustrating.  I had a few crashes during some Skins matches losing coins.  Since then I make sure to close out my game on the PS4, and start fresh every round when playing friends online.

It seems to be some sort of PS4 memory leak.  Either way, by doing this and having a clean version of the game running, I have had no bluescreens, game crashes, or disconnects when playing friends.

They have started to do this as well, and it is a temporary solution.

madmaz116

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 05:10:04 AM »
Couldnt even connect this morning 9am uk time , went to play PGA tour , it hung , then chucked me out and put the game in offline mode. I reconnected went to online society , same thing , hung for a while then chucked me out and put the game in offline mode.

With all the bugs this game has its becoming a joke!

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »
There was a network error earlier today on HB's side and that has been resolved.  Hopefully it is all working for everyone now.

neilwilkes

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 11:16:38 AM »
There was a network error earlier today on HB's side and that has been resolved.  Hopefully it is all working for everyone now.

Nope.
15 holes in on an online match, and out of the blue - again - I get the "reconnecting" screen.
I then try to rejoin the match and all I get is the by now very ****ing tedious "sorry an unexpected error has occurred" asking me to confirm. Confirm what? That this online match play is totally broken on PS4?
This is far, far worse since the updates and even worse than it was in TGC2 (which was bad enough).
Why is this the only game this happens on? It is not my router, or my interweb connection - it is your servers which seem to be utterly inadequate for the traffic they seem to be carrying.
It is ruining this game for me to the point where if it is not fixed soon I will just stop trying.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 11:35:26 AM »

Nope.
15 holes in on an online match, and out of the blue - again - I get the "reconnecting" screen.
I then try to rejoin the match and all I get is the by now very ****ing tedious "sorry an unexpected error has occurred" asking me to confirm. Confirm what? That this online match play is totally broken on PS4?
This is far, far worse since the updates and even worse than it was in TGC2 (which was bad enough).
Why is this the only game this happens on? It is not my router, or my interweb connection - it is your servers which seem to be utterly inadequate for the traffic they seem to be carrying.
It is ruining this game for me to the point where if it is not fixed soon I will just stop trying.

Where are you located so we know what region you are connecting from?  Is this happening in Online Matchmaking or in a private match?  Have you reset your router recently?  Your PS4 is updated?

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 12:18:28 PM »
Message from the devs:

I would have him add his name “neilwilkes” to his crash report next time it crashes on him. I can search for his crash report that way and maybe we can see what's happening.

This would be in the optional message box that appears on a crash.

neilwilkes

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 08:41:18 AM »
Message from the devs:

I would have him add his name “neilwilkes” to his crash report next time it crashes on him. I can search for his crash report that way and maybe we can see what's happening.

This would be in the optional message box that appears on a crash.

And I would love to be able to do this, but on the PS4 it is not possible.
When I get a full crash, it drops me to the PS4 reporting screen and adding anything to this is not an option that I can see - all I can do is send the report or not send the report. There seems to be no way to add any information to the information already contained, and I do not even know where it gets sent. The best I can offer is to take a photograph of the TV at each point and create a thread here.

FWIW - the router is a new one - it is a combo router/modem for BT Fibre (which is actually fibre to the nearest green box & copper pair to the house) and it is a properly configured setup - and it has only ever been TGC2 and TGC2019 that do this. Nothing else crashes like this.
The recent set of crashes have all been in online matches set up via the in-game party with a friend in the USA. I do not bother with online matchmaking as it is hopelessly inadequate (I get fed up with being set up to play cheesers running just 9 holes playing off tees up to 100 yards nearer the green than I am - this needs a proper lobby like EA used to do, but that is a whole different FR).
2 things can (and will) happen on almost every round we play at weekends:
1 - I will get a message telling me my in-game partner has left the in-game party, followed by another one that I am now the new in-game party leader. This usually means he has bluescreened at his end. Game Over at that point as reconnecting is not possible - every time I try to reconnect I get this attached photograph.
2 - I will Blue screen.
Another common crash is that I get an onscreen message saying "reconnecting", followed by a crash. I am still online (checked this in the PS4 as well as in the game) but on attempting to rejoin the match I get the unexpected error screen yet again.
Finally - and all 4 of these happened in one messy Sunday Afternoon last weekend - I got the "xyz has left the in-game party"
followed by "you are the new in-game party leader" and just quit as I know from experience there is no point even bothering any longer as it will not work. I cannot invite him back (only in-game party leaders can do this, even though I have just been told that this is me it appears to be BS) and I cannot reconnect (unexpected error).

The PS4 is fully up to date with the latest firmware, there is heaps of room on the HDD and I am not short of memory.
The Interweb connection is Ethernet CAT5e hard wired straight into the router so it ain't lousy WiFi issues either.
It used to be bad in TGC2, it was just as bad in TGC2019 and since the server changes it has got worse and now with the disc release it is far worse still.
My best guess is that the HB servers cannot cope with the throughput of the sheer number of people playing at one time.
Second best guess is that the problem is the piggybacking with the Playstation network being used as primary connection through the separate HB servers and there is a screwup in the code.

Whatever the cause it is broken - badly - on PS4.
I will almost certainly be changing to the PS4 pro to get tthe 4K resolution but given my playing friend is already on one of these and has even more crashes than I do, it ain't likely to help matters much.
What really doesn't help is the automatic assumption the fault is at my end. I understand computers very well indeed and I get fed up with the constant assumption it is always somehow my fault. It is not.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 02:12:32 PM »
Thanks, I sent your updated info to the devs.

I am curious to know, can you play through Online Matchmaking without crashes?  I understand you don't like to play that mode but for testing purposes, it would be interesting to know if it happens in that mode or is it only happening when connecting to others in private matchmaking.   

FRSTDWN

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 09:03:40 PM »
I crashed 3 times today all while playing societies.  It seems to be getting worse. I'm not sure if my Xbox is dying or it's the game.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

AllenP2112

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 06:06:41 AM »
I crashed 3 times today all while playing societies.  It seems to be getting worse. I'm not sure if my Xbox is dying or it's the game.

Its the game. Everything else with WI-FI connection works in my flat  and other games on my PS4 works.
In the words of Arthur Conan Doyle

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Part of the game is broken HB.  Get your head out of the sand and FIX IT!!!! NOW!!!

AllenP2112

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 08:24:09 AM »
Today.
Attempting to connect with one of my societies.

Internet Connection Lost (Pressed X Button)
Error Code HB-RS [1702] (Pressed X Button)

Finally got back to the home page to go online to reconnect
Got to my Societies page............................... Guess what?

Internet Connection Lost. Error Code HB-RS [1702]

This is beyond a joke HB. This has been a problem since the launch and has gotten progressively worse. I and others have notified you of this problem and yet you continue to do nothing about it.
You have a good game in TGC2019. Its just a shame that its been let down by some repairable problems for some of us

FRSTDWN

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 12:51:04 PM »
So I noticed today when I'm in the society main page my fan starts going nuts. I back out and it stops. Did this a couple of times and the third time I crashed while in my society.

I then tried to go into local matches , matchmaking and private matches and the fan was quiet.

Didn't try the PGA because I don't care about it.

Idk maybe it's a cause .

I do have a extra Xbox X I'm about to hook up and see what happens.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:54:57 PM by FRSTDWN »
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

AllenP2112

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 02:16:08 PM »
Thanks FRSTDWN for reminding me to say that the fan on my PS4 kicks in when trying to get into societies and thats the only time it does it.

space-cash