Highly Rated??

• 13 Replies

ChaswW

« on: November 25, 2018, 09:25:55 AM »
Why is the Highly Rated section in the course selection screen so useless? All it shows is new courses with 0 plays.It should only show courses with 4 stars or more and some reasonable minimum number of plays.Maybe 100?
My Courses

Haunted Hills C.C.(HCP)(Night)
Kong's Skull Island
Voodoo Island(Night)
Moonbase Alpha(HCP)(Night)
TPC @ Red Planet(Night)
Devil's Pitchfork G.C.(Night)
RTJ Trail-Magnolia Grove(HCP)
RTJ-Magnolia Grove Moonlight(Night)
Crimson Valley G.C.
Achilles Hills
Ghouls & Goblins G.C.(HCP)(Night)

wim1234

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 09:39:51 AM »
that wont work, i seen very good courses with just 30 to 50 plays.
betetr look at most played, the specail froum in here, the courses at tgctours..there are many many good courses, hundreds.

ChaswW

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 09:58:22 AM »
that wont work, i seen very good courses with just 30 to 50 plays.
betetr look at most played, the specail froum in here, the courses at tgctours..there are many many good courses, hundreds.

Well it could be less than 100..say 50.I have designed a few courses over this number that have a 4 or better star rating.My main point though is why is this Highly Rated section cluttered up with 0 rated auto created courses?
My Courses

Kong's Skull Island
Voodoo Island(Night)
TPC @ Red Planet(Night)
Crimson Valley G.C.
Achilles Hills

Badger57

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »
Because the search functions are broken, just like they were in Tgc2 and never been fixed.
Best way to find  good new courses is via word of mouth through the forums.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 11:32:37 AM »
Highly rated is just 2 HB courses,then the last 6 courses just released under new section,Wouldnt it be great if you had courses of the week from say the HB forum,but i am sure HB not really bothered about it,like previous poster said been the same now for 2 games.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 11:49:34 AM »
It has been broken since TGC 1. I have not even looked at it because I know it's worthless.

I have always said that HB should have a link to their forums on the game or something to get people to the completed course section. There is no doubt that many players miss out on some great courses because of the poor implementation of the course selection/search. 

Also to add to this rating system tells you nothing. Should have more rating options. Like playability, realism , fantasy ....
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Shardak

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 02:22:41 PM »
Yes the course search system has been terrible since TGC1.  This seems like such a simple thing to fix, since it does not involve the game engine, graphics, physics, controller inputs etc.  Its just searching a database.

A couple of simple improvements, that I had hoped would be in TGC2, but now I would guess will never happen:

- Allow us to see the rating WE gave each course, in addition to the average user rating

- Allow our favorites list to have folders, or meta data of some kind.  So we can have "real courses", "fantasy courses", "Par 3 courses" etc..any categories we want

- Allow meta data tags on courses, so users can search by tags.  For example, if I wanted to find all par-3 courses, I could do that.  Then I could sort that list by # of Plays, Average Rating, etc.

moneyman273

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 06:34:28 PM »
I don't think anyone from HB has ever commented on this, but I will continue to.  Trending or "hot" courses with 0 plays.  Would be great to have a "jump to page" option.  Has never happened.  Search for a course, click on the course, then hit the "back" button brings you completely out of the search area, forcing you to start the search all over again.  Besides the above, I'd say they nailed the search options. 

Shardak

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »
  Besides the above, I'd say they nailed the search options.

If they "nailed" the search options, the best way to find courses would be in the game, not by googling, looking in shared google drive docs etc.

They are light-years away from nailing the search options.

Allan5813

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 08:40:10 AM »
I think that highly rated courses are skewed in favour of courses selected for PGA tour and for societies who use HB handicap courses. New courses do not get much of a chance to be featured.Maybe a tournament featuring new courses can be created with players giving feedback which can be a basis for moving those courses to a second level and so on till it becomes an accepted course for inclusion and handicap for a recognised tournament other than or including PGA and Golf Societies
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:14:24 AM by Allan5813 »
My courses are
KINGSTON BAGPUIZE
NORTHFIELD GC
BICESTER OLD COURSE
CHERWELL VALLEY GC
DRAYTON MANOR COUNTRY CLUB
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY GC
SUTTON COURTENAY COUNTRY CLUB
ROYAL BERKSHIRE GC
SWEET BRIAR COUNTRY CLUB

gtgud

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 05:35:43 AM »
The best way I've found to search courses, is the following:

1. Search Handicap courses.
2. Sort by Ratings.

This way seems to produce some orderly results.

I've tried without success to duplicate other search categories like the above, but maybe someone else can build on this.

ChaswW

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 05:37:02 PM »

2. Sort by Ratings.

I've tried without success to duplicate other search categories like the above, but maybe someone else can build on this.

I found a method that is working well in regard to discovering new quality courses.Go to Recently Added courses and use the R2 button to select Highest Rated courses.I have found several gems with less than 100 plays and still have quite a few more to try.
My Courses

Kong's Skull Island
Voodoo Island(Night)
TPC @ Red Planet(Night)
Crimson Valley G.C.
Achilles Hills

moneyman273

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 12:02:49 PM »

2. Sort by Ratings.

I found a method that is working well in regard to discovering new quality courses.Go to Recently Added courses and use the R2 button to select Highest Rated courses.I have found several gems with less than 100 plays and still have quite a few more to try.

I will try this again.  I swear I tried this but it gave the HB courses most of the time, with 30/50,000 plays.  I want those 4 or 5 star courses which are underexposed/underplayed.  Thanks for the tip.

ChaswW

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 12:51:07 PM »

2. Sort by Ratings.

I will try this again.  I swear I tried this but it gave the HB courses most of the time, with 30/50,000 plays.  I want those 4 or 5 star courses which are underexposed/underplayed.  Thanks for the tip.

I am on Playstation and it works well for me.So far have added 3 new courses to my favorites that have not yet reached handicap status.Great way to find some really good new courses.Of course all courses listed with 4 or better stars are not great but it gives you an option to find some really good courses.Not everyone posts their new designs under the Course Discovery section.
My Courses

Kong's Skull Island
Voodoo Island(Night)
TPC @ Red Planet(Night)
Crimson Valley G.C.
Achilles Hills