If one was to buy a soundbar?

• 22 Replies

lastchancehombre

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
That sucks . Right when. RDR2 online comes out.

I'm starting to think mine is going as well. It has been acting odd for a bit.  What was yours doing before it **** the bed?

One thing I do have is a SSD which I have my bigger games on. They actually load faster on the SSD then the HD. If my Xbox isn't dying I wonder if the SSD saved it.

While you wait maybe get a SSD. I will look which one I have but it's got the green Xbox logo and it's 4TB.

Ohh if you do get a SSD do not put TGC 19 on it. Causes stutter for some reason.

I do have a 4tb WD My Book, everything was backed up on that except RDR!

When I 1st started playing RDR after downloading it I noticed the fan would kick on higher than normal really didn't think much of it then figuring ok, big game whatever. Week+ later games wouldn't boot properly. When I'd try to boot a game I'd get a mssg "There is a problem with your saved games, clear saved game data & resync blah blah".

Yesterday, when I tried to save some work in the designer I got an error about "corrupted saves" when I tried to save what I'd been doing, 2 hrs of work down the drain. Ha! The kicker last night when trying to reset to factory default is it killed my RDR saved game so when it did boot that 1st reset story mode was back to the beginning!! All that time in game lost! Ohhhh, the humanity!!

Then trying to boot from the external was hit & miss also & along with that the last couple of days I started getting error code 0x0000etc. Thought something else was off when downloads would stop shortly after starting.

I was doing the resync'g over & over & hard rebooting until I finally got the 'trouble shoot screen' at boot up with the dreaded error codes E102xxxxxxx & E105xxxxxxx which allows you to reset the console to factory default. Painfully did that, seemed to work at 1st until I tried booting a game (no go), so I tried to uninstall, reinstall, boot from the external, no way!

Tried the hard boot 1 more time after clearing saved data & couldn't get past the 'trouble shoot screen' so I realized after hearing the fan running on high off & on for the past week trying to cool the cpu most likely that I'd got a lemon so I threw in the towel last night & started the return process!

Xbox live g/t LasChanceHombre

TGC 2019 releases

The Dunes Course at Stone Lagoon
Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs
Vaquero Valley GC Tour Edition

FRSTDWN

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »
Ok thanks for the info. I'm not getting those problems but I get at least 2 hard crashes everytime I play anything . I'll pay more attention to the fan. Never noticed it .

All your saved data will be on the cloud . It should be anyways.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2109 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

lastchancehombre

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »
Ok thanks for the info. I'm not getting those problems but I get at least 2 hard crashes everytime I play anything . I'll pay more attention to the fan. Never noticed it .

All your saved data will be on the cloud . It should be anyways.

I'm thinking for some weird reason not RDR but I hope so. I just don't trust anything about MS right now after everything I saw last night! 5 month old x1x trashed!

TGC 2019 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2018, 03:12:14 PM »
Sorry to read about your problems with your X LCH, and now FRSTDWN.  I've had my X for just over a year now and I've had no trouble with it whatsoever.  I can't remember being more pleased with a piece of entertainment tech I've bought, ever!  I don't have an SSD drive, but if I bought one it would be primarily for TGC 2019.  After hearing that it's causing stuttering for FRSTDWN with TGC 2019, I think I'll drop that idea.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

lastchancehombre

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2018, 03:39:37 PM »
Sorry to read about your problems with your X LCH, and now FRSTDWN.  I've had my X for just over a year now and I've had no trouble with it whatsoever.  I can't remember being more pleased with a piece of entertainment tech I've bought, ever!  I don't have an SSD drive, but if I bought one it would be primarily for TGC 2019.  After hearing that it's causing stuttering for FRSTDWN with TGC 2019, I think I'll drop that idea.

Thanks JC, not the end of the world of course more an irritating inconvenience with something I would have assumed would have been more solid. But not all machines are perfect by any means!

As a footnote to Paul's comment on SSD's, I had booted TGC2019 from the external drive just out of curiosity a couple times & never noticed a stuttering issue but there again it may depend on whose cyber joojoo's have been naughty or nice. No idea if it makes a difference at least with this game but my external as mentioned is an HD vs an SSD.

I'd plugged this one in when I changed over from my xbox one to the x one x, it was essential at the time but my take is it really doesn't hurt to have everything on your box(s) backed up in the event of something like I experienced.

And Paul, that sounds to me like Seagate's 4tb SSD!(?)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 03:48:21 PM by lastchancehombre »

TGC 2019 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

TGC2 releases

Nai Palm Hot Springs

FRSTDWN

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 09:16:22 PM »

Thanks JC, not the end of the world of course more an irritating inconvenience with something I would have assumed would have been more solid. But not all machines are perfect by any means!

As a footnote to Paul's comment on SSD's, I had booted TGC2019 from the external drive just out of curiosity a couple times & never noticed a stuttering issue but there again it may depend on whose cyber joojoo's have been naughty or nice. No idea if it makes a difference at least with this game but my external as mentioned is an HD vs an SSD.

I'd plugged this one in when I changed over from my xbox one to the x one x, it was essential at the time but my take is it really doesn't hurt to have everything on your box(s) backed up in the event of something like I experienced.

And Paul, that sounds to me like Seagate's 4tb SSD!(?)

Yeah that's the one.

When I had TST on it the ball would stutter mid air and when it rolled by the hole on the green. The loading icon was going nuts as well.

Makes no sense to me because PUBG works better on the SSD then on the internal HD. It makes the game load faster. No doubt about it. I put RDR on it as well and had no issues. So why it makes TGC load slower is beyond me.

No clue why I crash . It always seems to be when I first started playing no matter what it is. I probably should hard reboot more.

I do have the Scorpio version which came out a little over a year ago .

XB1 X
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Jumping Jimmy 362

• I’m getting better, I’m hitting fewer spectators
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2018, 12:24:16 PM »
I have a Vizio 5.1, bought it several years ago from Craigs List.  I've been very happy with it, I think it was $450 in store, I bought it for $150 and it was in perfect condition.  A sound bar is without question the way to go.
May thy ball lie in green pastures, and not in still waters.

Xbox One X
Xbox Elite Controller

FRSTDWN

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 08:31:46 PM »
It is if you don't want to install a SS system.

XB1 X
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

space-cash