PGA TOUR Web.Com Champs Pointless

• 2 Replies

Martbloke

« on: December 01, 2018, 07:51:53 PM »
So just played in the Web.com championship as I did not make top 25 in the Web.com regular season. Played terrible and was cut after the 1st round (played it as a 2 round tourney). Was something like 114th. Guess what.....still got my PGA TOUR card. Something wrong here!

gtgud

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 04:52:04 AM »
So just played in the Web.com championship as I did not make top 25 in the Web.com regular season. Played terrible and was cut after the 1st round (played it as a 2 round tourney). Was something like 114th. Guess what.....still got my PGA TOUR card. Something wrong here!

That's funny. But, someone else would have surely complained that the game was too hard. So, the game is designed to let the player progress anyway, even when it shouldn't.

The game is sorely missing any challenges. The game needs to put meaningful goals in front of the player, that the player might have to try multiple times to overcome.

Martbloke

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 05:23:15 PM »
I saw this a achallenge for me as Medium difficulty is just right with AI scoring however with the medium conditions and forward tees, I ended up winning too easy so I tried on hard. With the bump in harder conditions AND increased AI scoring I'm not really in contention anymore but I thought after it's been a while since I last played this mode, that I'd give it a go.

When this happened, I was not impressed and so reset the mode and have started over. I like a challenge and do not want things given to me on a platter. That is not why I play games. Ah well, hopefully now I've alerted the devs they can correct the bug or disappoint me more and say it's designed like that!

space-cash