December patch

• 155 Replies

Dopeypoodle

« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2018, 07:42:51 PM »
Hope we can PUTT this matter behind us now.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »
Hope we can PUTT this matter behind us now.

:)  never a loss for words old chap
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"/ Top 100 U.S. Public Golf Course

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

GW_Hope

« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2018, 11:20:44 PM »
Let’s not lose sight of the fact we all love the game and that’s why we babble on. Patches are for tweaking the things to get it closer to perfection. I would be worried if nobody was here.

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2018, 02:45:42 AM »
Let’s not lose sight of the fact we all love the game and that’s why we babble on. Patches are for tweaking the things to get it closer to perfection. I would be worried if nobody was here.

Good point and very true.  Sometimes the written comments look worse than they are really intended to be. 
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"/ Top 100 U.S. Public Golf Course

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Andrew Hobson

« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2018, 12:43:50 PM »
Reading these forums about people moaning about the swing system, me included. Where hb have it wrong is a tempo based swing system to start with.
There are many golf swings irl around the world, whether it be long, short, fast or slow. The onus is getting the clubhead square at the point of impact.
I believe in previous golf games over the years the has been a line halfway up the shot feedback thingy where the point of contact is, not at the top as is now. So whether you're swing resembles a 3yrs old scribbles or perfectly straight or whether you hit a fade or a draw, as long as the swing is perfect at point of contact in the middle, irrelevant of what happens before or after, the ball should go straight.
This is how ive learnt to play golf irl and previous golf games going back to links 2005 ish and should be now if the game is supposed to be simulation.

regulator95

« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2018, 02:08:20 PM »
Reading these forums about people moaning about the swing system, me included. Where hb have it wrong is a tempo based swing system to start with.
There are many golf swings irl around the world, whether it be long, short, fast or slow. The onus is getting the clubhead square at the point of impact.
I believe in previous golf games over the years the has been a line halfway up the shot feedback thingy where the point of contact is, not at the top as is now. So whether you're swing resembles a 3yrs old scribbles or perfectly straight or whether you hit a fade or a draw, as long as the swing is perfect at point of contact in the middle, irrelevant of what happens before or after, the ball should go straight.
This is how ive learnt to play golf irl and previous golf games going back to links 2005 ish and should be now if the game is supposed to be simulation.

Actually this is not exactly correct.  Regardless of tempo a swing path does matter. You can square your club at impact but you can still spin ball with the wrong swing path. Swinging out to in with a square club face can fade the ball. Hitting the ball out to in with a closed club face can cut the ball and open club face will be a slice. This isnt gospel but true a lot of times. No way in a game would you be able to replicate these shots easily.  I think this is the reason they introduced swing tempo

spikel

« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2018, 07:50:59 PM »
I posted a few back about hover putts possibly making it look like braking. I didnt have a video. But it just so happens a video was just posted on TGCT forum that show the ball hovering above ground most of the way to hole then suddenly dropping and slowing down which looks like braking.
https://youtu.be/zU5CIljhpmM

Very odd, it does seem to hover which makes the break non existant and the roll go much further due to lack of friction.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2018, 11:05:12 PM »
+1 on experiencing this - usually get it once every couple rounds. Longer putts only - ie usually trying to hit it hard. Ignores the break for first 75 percent just like video above.

Thought the hover putt was commonly known - it's been around since TGC2.

Rmoore

« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2018, 07:59:29 AM »
got a update at 6:44am EST no notes and do not see anything different. what was in the update?

Turbot-Tickler

« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2018, 08:48:39 AM »
Not noticed an update on PS4 over here :/

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2018, 08:54:43 AM »
Not noticed an update on PS4 over here :/

Not here in the U.S.A. either.

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2018, 02:21:08 PM »
No patches have gone out yet.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2018, 02:28:46 PM »
Have you done anything on the server I noticed the number looks a different colour when you get an eagle, I could barely see it before but it stands out like a sore thumb now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2018, 04:28:38 PM »
Have you done anything on the server I noticed the number looks a different colour when you get an eagle, I could barely see it before but it stands out like a sore thumb now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's not something we have changed with or without the patch.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2018, 05:53:06 PM »
If you get a eagle it should stand out 😁
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2109 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

space-cash