Bug in tournament resume progress feature

• 4 Replies

cmattax

« on: May 27, 2014, 04:18:49 PM »
I had been playing in the PGC Warmup Tournament which features 2 rounds each on 5 different courses (all by the same designer).  I had progressed through the first 4 events and completed all 8 rounds.  During those 8 rounds, I had stopped and resumed many times without issue.  At the main menu for the tournament I had the chance to continue to the final event but I opted to exit and resume later.  I did not ALT-F4 to exit.  I simply used the menu exit options and returned to the desktop.  When I came back a few hours later, I chose the "Resume Competition" option from the main menu (which had always worked in the past) expecting to be taken to the first tee of the final event.  Instead, I was placed in the fairway of the first hole of the second round of the 4th event (the round I had just completed) at a point about 130 yards from the pin.  Just thought you might want to know.  If I can give you any further details, feel free to contact me but I have cancelled out of the event and gone on to play other rounds since and may have already overwritten any relevant logs.  This happened today at approx. 2:30 PM EST using v0.6 with and XBOX 360 controller.

In spite of all the bugs, I am really enjoying the game and feel like you guys are really on the right track at this early stage of development.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:21:16 AM »
I just posted something similar and I was in the same tour.  Mine took me to a spot in a different tour I had already completed earlier in the day.  It did this a couple times even though I finished out the earlier round a 2nd time.

mothaba

• Cours de piano - Quintessence Studio
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:48:06 PM »
I'm also experiencing a discouraging bug : I simply can't resume a tour. I completed the 1st out of 6 events, then I exit the game (from the menus) and when I came back 10 minutes later I didn't have the option to continue the tour from the title screen (tee off was my only option). I hit Tee off just in case, but I found myself in a generated course. I then exit the course and I tried to find the tour I was in. I found it and there was "X to continue" on the right. I pressed X, but I found myself at the 1st hole of the 1st course back again...

The tour is one of the official ones (short version).

I hope this will be fixed in the next build :)
Core 2 duo 2.8 Ghz
4 Gb ram
Radeon HD 7700 series 1 Gb
Windows 7 64 bits

Early access V. 0.7 :
1920 x 1080 : low 25-30 fps / medium 18-22 fps / high 10-13 fps

Xbox 360 wired pad (dead zone is too sensitive)
Afterglow wired pad (my favorite to play TGC as it feels more precise)

Rami Alia HB

• golf-beta
  • TGC Technical Lead
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 05:53:19 PM »
Hey guys, can you provide some info on what kind of network connection you have and whether this has happened to you guys since?

mothaba

• Cours de piano - Quintessence Studio
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 06:11:20 PM »
I have a 10 Mbps/s connection, working with a wireless modem/router furnished by my internet provider (Bell Canada).
My computer has a Linksys wireless key connected to it.to receive the wireless signal (it's a desktop computer btw)

It happend to me at least twice  I never expericenced any issue resuming a round, but resuming a tournament or a tour is another story.
Core 2 duo 2.8 Ghz
4 Gb ram
Radeon HD 7700 series 1 Gb
Windows 7 64 bits

Early access V. 0.7 :
1920 x 1080 : low 25-30 fps / medium 18-22 fps / high 10-13 fps

Xbox 360 wired pad (dead zone is too sensitive)
Afterglow wired pad (my favorite to play TGC as it feels more precise)

space-cash