Path of The Eagles Claw

• 12 Replies

Matt43

« on: December 29, 2018, 04:49:56 AM »
This is my first desert course. Originally I was gonna recreate parts of the landscape from the game horizon zero dawn but it didn’t translate too well but I did go with the more ruggeded look of it with this. I still like the idea of using the landscape of other games though, with this I was aiming  towards the more casual players but hopefully all levels will enjoy it. Happy new folks. One mistake I did make was one last check of teeboxes to see if they were level which isn’t like me. Hopefully they’re all level. Pics to come.
Red 6458
Green 6959
White 7416
Fairways firm
greens firm and fast at 180

Arrowheadx61

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 08:32:12 AM »
Fantastic job on this one Matt. Without spoiling anything for anyone, I'll just say #18 is really a great way to cap off a fun adventure with this one. I highly recommend for everyone.
TGC 2019 Courses:

Superstition Valley GC
Turnbridge Country Club (Tournament Ready)
Turnbridge CC (Members)
Legends CC @ Stone Creek
St. Padraig of Glencraiff Golf Club
Brently Village Golf Club

Matt43

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 08:39:22 AM »
Fantastic job on this one Matt. Without spoiling anything for anyone, I'll just say #18 is really a great way to cap off a fun adventure with this one. I highly recommend for everyone.
thanks arrow. Much appreciate all the help you’ve given me.

Matt43

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 09:29:00 AM »
Here’s some pics.

name of young dolphin
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:25:11 AM by Matt43 »

FriendOfBillUU

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 12:04:51 PM »
Really nice look to this course and it was fun to play as well. Great work.

I will be publishing a desert (steppe) themed course of my own today called Red Rocks Golf Club if you wouldn’t mind giving it a shot. Thanks.

-Derek
My courses:

The Ringer - 10/10/20
The Badlands- 9/5/20
The Archer- 5/4/20
Viridescent Pines CC- 4/17/20
The Links at Loch Ness- 6/21/19
Chippewa Falls C.C.- 4/20/19
Red Rocks Golf Club- 12/30/18
Gator Isles Golf Resort- 12/23/18

crunchshark

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 12:21:06 PM »
Struggled to get under par but finished -1 in the end.Didnt try to fly over the water on 18.
My courses

Panama Dunes
The Beachcomber
Marble Brae Links
Deadwood Straits GC
Diablos Dell
Almondwood Bay GC

Matt43

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 12:22:27 PM »
Really nice look to this course and it was fun to play as well. Great work.

I will be publishing a desert (steppe) themed course of my own today called Red Rocks Golf Club if you wouldn’t mind giving it a shot. Thanks.

-Derek
Thanks for playing and the comments. Much appreciated. I’ll give yours a play once it’s available.

Matt43

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 12:26:34 PM »
Struggled to get under par but finished -1 in the end.Didnt try to fly over the water on 18.
Thanks for playing. Did you play of front tees?

wkdworms74

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 01:17:09 PM »
I played this last night and will say it was a real treat! I enjoy desert courses and this course was really well done. Landscaping and planting was nice and I could tell from the beginning it was going to be well done. I too struggled on the greens (not necessarily the designers fault) I left about a dozen putts out there since my putter decided to not show up. I enjoyed the challenging drives and fairway options and successfully managed probably 90%! Only thing I thought was a little off in my opinion was the lighting. Too much haze on a lot of the holes which took away some of the scenery. Appreciate the work spent on this course. Played from the tips on pin 3, default settings and shot a whopping +11!!! Needless to say that putter is now off in the desert somewhere (in case someone finds it)

Cheers Matt!
Jeff
Created courses:
Skipping Rock Resort & Vineyard
Burketown
Troon North Pinnacle GC
Troon North Monument GC
Mossy Creek
Bellewood CC
The Cliffs at Pine Creek
Hualapai Dunes
Ivy Ridge C.C.
Maple Ridge
Sandy Bottom Bayou
Finnigin's Cove
Old Pine Glenn Manor
Copper Canyon Pro Course
Isles Mirada
Eagle R

Matt43

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 01:31:52 PM »
I played this last night and will say it was a real treat! I enjoy desert courses and this course was really well done. Landscaping and planting was nice and I could tell from the beginning it was going to be well done. I too struggled on the greens (not necessarily the designers fault) I left about a dozen putts out there since my putter decided to not show up. I enjoyed the challenging drives and fairway options and successfully managed probably 90%! Only thing I thought was a little off in my opinion was the lighting. Too much haze on a lot of the holes which took away some of the scenery. Appreciate the work spent on this course. Played from the tips on pin 3, default settings and shot a whopping +11!!! Needless to say that putter is now off in the desert somewhere (in case someone finds it)

Cheers Matt!
Jeff
Think I’ve got your putter then. Lol

crunchshark

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 01:36:43 PM »
Thanks for playing. Did you play of front tees?
Middle tees, cant remember what colour. Around 6900.
My courses

Panama Dunes
The Beachcomber
Marble Brae Links
Deadwood Straits GC
Diablos Dell
Almondwood Bay GC

Matt43

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 04:22:14 PM »
Definitely thinking of trying the rugged look with other themes to see how it turns out.

Matt43

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 12:24:52 AM »
Thank you to Chelsea saint for using my course for the comp in the casuals society. http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,24147.0.html

space-cash