HB Possible Handicap ISSUE

• 13 Replies

Biggdawgx

« on: December 15, 2018, 04:42:00 PM »
HB i have included a screen shot and handicap history for your investigation.  There is no way i can be a 41.4 handicap, normally around +12 handicap.  Can you let me know what i may have did wrong.  Playing on Xbox One S, updated and been playing every day.  Let me know if you need further information.

Kip
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:04:05 PM by Biggdawgx »

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 05:46:39 PM »
it seems platinum point course as corrupted your HCP.

Biggdawgx

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 06:45:03 PM »
I saw that and now every time i play it keeps going up.  I am now at HCP of +55.8, let see how high i can get it.

jamescostanza

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 01:49:46 PM »
I saw that and now every time i play it keeps going up.  I am now at HCP of +55.8, let see how high i can get it.
my handicap went from +5 to +26.  I also would like to know how to get my handicap to a true indicator of how I am playing.

Biggdawgx

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 03:30:20 PM »
I am now at +67.8 HCP.  Wow wonder how high i can get it.  IT IS DUE TO PLATINUM POINT every time i play that course it bumps me higher.  I can NOT not play it as it is in multiplayer mode so i dont have a choice to NOT play bad HCP course.

Yeltzman

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »
Careful about playing it if you worry about your HCP etc,you can't reset you stats or profile so its with you for a while,unless HB can adjust it for you.

So the course is in the new mutiplayer mode,If it is HB will really have to know about this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 04:04:45 PM by Yeltzman »

jamescostanza

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »
is it possible to score a ridiculously high score to bring the handicap back down?

Yeltzman

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »
is it possible to score a ridiculously high score to bring the handicap back down?

that's a good suggestion never thought of that.(or a normal round for me)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 04:33:42 PM by Yeltzman »

Martbloke

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 05:28:04 PM »
Also as your HCP is based of the best 10 scores of your last 20 rounds it will correct itself once you have played 20 rounds and the rounds messing up you HCP become rounds 21+ ago. Just play more golf! 👍😀

Dopeypoodle

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 09:23:45 AM »
After competing in a Matchmaking game yesterday,i was awarded a
trophy which was + 10. It said +10 added to my handicap,my H/C then
was 2.4 now it is 23.8.My handicap record is showing  a handicap diff
of -228.8.What is going on here.

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 09:58:19 AM »
After competing in a Matchmaking game yesterday,i was awarded a
trophy which was + 10. It said +10 added to my handicap,my H/C then
was 2.4 now it is 23.8.My handicap record is showing  a handicap diff
of -228.8.What is going on here.

My handicap is also over 20 as well.  I score well, but not that well--especially on Master Clubs.  I would say I average around -7 from the tips, and can be around -12 to -16 if I play from the front tees on an easy course, with little to no wind.  I never have scored any higher than -16 on any course, so no way to determine how my handicap is over 20.

It definitely is a strange bug.  Enjoying the game otherwise.

Dopeypoodle

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »
Just realized my handicap went haywire, after playing Platinum Point in Matchmaking . HB have got
to have a good look at this.

Brett1987

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 07:43:09 PM »
Platinum Point is the issue. Wagtail GC also is an issue but it drags your handicap down, instead of up. I recommend remembering the picture of the course and next time it tries to send you to those courses, just back out before the 15 second timer runs out. Tanking on a really high round to fix it probably isn't the best option. I recommend just playing normally and do 9 hole rounds until it flushes it out of your handicap record. Since the handicap record only holds your last 20 events on courses that have over 300 plays and are rated. If you play a lot, it should fix in two or three days.
Brett of Bretts (Xbox)

Martbloke

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 08:08:40 PM »
Platinum Point is the issue. Wagtail GC also is an issue but it drags your handicap down, instead of up. I recommend remembering the picture of the course and next time it tries to send you to those courses, just back out before the 15 second timer runs out. Tanking on a really high round to fix it probably isn't the best option. I recommend just playing normally and do 9 hole rounds until it flushes it out of your handicap record. Since the handicap record only holds your last 20 events on courses that have over 300 plays and are rated. If you play a lot, it should fix in two or three days.

I believe this has been fixed reading some comments. Think the slope/course rating was wrong and HB may have amended this - don't quote me though as it's just what I've read in comments on here rather than checking myself.

space-cash