i shot 76 - 72 - 68 - 67 for a final score of -5
Courses Created:

Hunters Ridge C.C.
Magru National C.C.
Magru Canyon

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 01:46:33 AM »
nice shooting!  Wish I could take my 81 back!  I wonder if playing on the newer version helped or hindered your score.  Either way, I like the idea of these no-aide tournaments for their Major type feel.  The fact that you ended up with a realistic looking score after 4 rounds is amazing.  Not many golf games out there that can boast that.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:48:58 AM by Doyley »

ralphieboy72

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 02:16:56 AM »
So in this tourney there was no way to get a view of the green other than watching the ghost balls roll?  I like putting without the grid but I'd like to get a view from the other side of the hole.

AndrewG

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2014, 03:18:13 AM »
So in this tourney there was no way to get a view of the green other than watching the ghost balls roll?  I like putting without the grid but I'd like to get a view from the other side of the hole.

yup, I shot 74-78-69-69 for a total of +2 on V0.6, watching ghost balls on the green is your only clue, at least that was the case in V0.6
I Use: Xbox 360 wired gamepad for Windows PC.

Steam Name: FirstBlitzerAu

My Courses

Somersett Lakes CC
The Lakes of Fall Golf Club
Badlands Country Club
Heritage Lakes CDC (Front 9)

xusemagru

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2014, 08:01:32 AM »
I judged it by how my ball reacted on the green on my approach shot. And as you can tell I played better as the rounds went on because I remembered what the greens did. I did not take notes. I barely used the overhead view the only thing that helped was the wind direction arrow without the mph. But I knew after a hole or two how fast the wind was playing roughly.
Courses Created:

Hunters Ridge C.C.
Magru National C.C.
Magru Canyon

ralphieboy72

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 09:53:30 AM »

yup, I shot 74-78-69-69 for a total of +2 on V0.6, watching ghost balls on the green is your only clue, at least that was the case in V0.6

Yeah.  That's just a little too hardcore for me. I hit my first tee shot, had a 40 foot putt that no ghost ball was helping me with.  That was enough. Backed completely out.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 11:08:29 AM »
the only thing that helped was the wind direction arrow without the mph. But I knew after a hole or two how fast the wind was playing roughly.

Ahh, there's something that would have helped the guys pre 0.7u - wind direction wasn't present and until I started waiting for the flag was an unknown on approach shots.  I'm sure it would have shaved a few strokes off of peoples scores pre 0.7

space-cash