Swing/Ball Flight Results

• 4 Replies

Thirteenkeys

« on: January 16, 2019, 06:48:02 PM »
While doing hours of play testing on my design of Deception Island, followed by more testing during online play,  I noticed that it seemed less difficult to make a straight swing in test mode than in online play.  The same seems true of practice on the range versus online play.  The ball flight on a less than perfect shot also seems exaggerated in online play compared to practice or test mode.  In addition, it is more exaggerated when someone else hosts the game than if I host the game. I play on a PS4 with standard PS4 controller.  Playing partners and I have also noticed that there are a couple of holes where the 2nd shots go into the air and dive left on a fairly consistent basis regardless of the swing plane.   To explain this more clearly, I often have a "fast" downswing, which in practice or testing mode results in a very playable draw.  In online play, particularly when the other player hosts, the same swing results in a bad hook shot and in some cases will dive left.  Any thoughts or ideas related to this are appreciated.

neilwilkes

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 07:49:56 AM »
How is the controller - wireless or wired?
This makes a huge difference.

In general though, it is always easier to get a practise shot perfect / perfect compared too an actual shot.
No idea why - less pressure, maybe?

Thirteenkeys

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 06:52:13 PM »
As I study this more it is the approach shots with irons that go sharply left with a fast downswing.  The irons seem to react more drastically to the fast downswing.  So the key is to get the downswing "perfect".  And I think it is the pressure that you mentioned that causes the fast swing,  that pressing harder on the stick will make it go farther.  Kind of like real golf, swing easy for better results. What isn't realistic is that the short irons are less forgiving than the driver and that is in the programing.

neilwilkes

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 05:14:09 AM »
As I study this more it is the approach shots with irons that go sharply left with a fast downswing.  The irons seem to react more drastically to the fast downswing.  So the key is to get the downswing "perfect".  And I think it is the pressure that you mentioned that causes the fast swing,  that pressing harder on the stick will make it go farther.  Kind of like real golf, swing easy for better results. What isn't realistic is that the short irons are less forgiving than the driver and that is in the programing.

Mea Culpa - I think you misunderstood my use of the word "pressure" as I did not mean it in the way you think.
What I did mean was the pressure of playing in an actual tournament.....

It is not just fast downswings either (although a straight fast shot should never dive to the left) - slow are equally as bad and a slow straight downswing should not go to the right and should absolutely never out-distance a perfect straight shot yet they do - all the time.

Andrew Hobson

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 01:44:10 AM »
While doing hours of play testing on my design of Deception Island, followed by more testing during online play,  I noticed that it seemed less difficult to make a straight swing in test mode than in online play.  The same seems true of practice on the range versus online play.  The ball flight on a less than perfect shot also seems exaggerated in online play compared to practice or test mode.  In addition, it is more exaggerated when someone else hosts the game than if I host the game. I play on a PS4 with standard PS4 controller.  Playing partners and I have also noticed that there are a couple of holes where the 2nd shots go into the air and dive left on a fairly consistent basis regardless of the swing plane.   To explain this more clearly, I often have a "fast" downswing, which in practice or testing mode results in a very playable draw.  In online play, particularly when the other player hosts, the same swing results in a bad hook shot and in some cases will dive left.  Any thoughts or ideas related to this are appreciated.
Club sets. A fast downswing in this game with player clubs promotes a hook, whilst the same fast downswing with masters promotes a slight draw.
Don't worry, it's broken.

space-cash