Adding fescue on course

• 3 Replies

fmodica

« on: January 17, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »
I am trying to design my home course and most fairways are flanked by fescue on both sides.  It is a links course.  How do I add this for long stretches.  Right now I am adding grass little by little and it can take two hour for each side of fairway.

any ideas are welcomed.
thx
Frank

HockeyNick30

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 02:53:19 PM »
Have you figured this out yet?  One time-saver is to right-click the stick (at least on console) after you have the asset selected.  You can also increase/decrease the fill amount and area amount you're laying down.
Course Creations:

Straits of Mackinac
Kendall's Luau
Kameron's Oasis
Michigan Hollows
Michigan Falls
The Park at Krysta Falls

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 07:58:35 PM »
Yes, that does work Nick....... but it still takes many many clicks and multiple grass selections with blending to achieve an anywhere near believable fescue.
We really need HB to add this as a surface or better yet automatic heavy rough base for each theme that can be tinkered down if need be.   The hard tack available now is just blah if it’s too close to the course.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 02:59:10 AM »
The multiplant fescue is generally too tall IMO.  I use it anyway, but usually add some manually planted single clicks that are smaller around the edges to taper it down a little. 

Definitely a hassle to make it look decent. 

space-cash